Monday, September 10, 2007

Zofran, Wicked, BYU Football and a Seizure

This pretty much sums up our weekend! I went to the doctor's on Friday and had another ultrasound. Everything looks really good and the baby's heartbeat is strong. I finally succombed and asked the doctor for some Zofran to help with the morning sickness and let me just say, that it really has helped. I still don't feel well, but it's taken the edge off just enough that I don't feel like a want to die all day long!

The Zofran came just in time since we had tickets to go see Wicked Friday night. We bought them way before I ever got pregnant and actually tried to give them away this week since I wasn't feeling too great. In the end we decided to go and we're so glad that we did. Jon and I both thought that it was just as good as when we saw it in New York last Summer. We went with my sister, Christy and her 3 oldest daughters. It was cute to see how excited her girls were to see it.

Saturday we went to to the BYU vs. UCLA football game. We left the boys home with a babysitter and went up with my family. Jon and I are seriously thinking that we are bad luck for BYU. They've lost every game we've been to in the last 5 years. We actually went out during the 3rd quarter to get food and they scored a touch down and as soon as we walked back in they scored their second touchdown and then the bad luck came back. We are seriously contemplating not going to the San Diego game! We actually had a good time even though they lost and were glad we went, bad luck or not!

So we got home from the game and I took the babysitter home. When I got back Jon was holding Jake since he woke up crying. About 5 minutes later Jake had a really bad seizure. It's so sad to just sit there and watch him having one knowing that there's nothing we can do about it. He finally finished and we held him while he slept for a while and then layed him down with the monitor in his room. He seems to be fine now so we're hoping he doesn't have another one for a while. Even though he is on medication, it doesn't stop the seizures completely and right now he seems to be having them about every six months. We are just so grateful that we were home when it happened and that the babysitter wasn't still here. We always tell the babysitters what to do if he has one, but how traumatizing for them to actually have to watch that.

So that was our crazy weekend. It's the most I've done since I started feeling morning sick and I am totally worn out today. It was nice to go back to laying on the couch all day! Sorry about the lack of pictures. I'm not looking too great these days and therefore am opting out of having pictures taken of me!

9 comments:

Tonya said...

Sarah! I'm so glad you finally got on Zofran. You are right, it just takes the edge off enough to function.

Sounds like you had a great time at the game and going to Wicked. I'm way jealous. I want to go see it so badly. I think I'm going to get us tickets for our anniversary in December. Where should we sit? Some of the girls that I work with said to sit up close, but another friend said to sit further back. Although, there really isn't a bad seat in the house at the Pantages. We saw Phantom and The Lion King there a few years ago.

I'm so sorry Jake had a seizure. I'm sure it's still so scary for you guys. Thank goodness you both were there, and not the babysitter. He would have been fine, I'm sure, but your poor babysitter would have been freaked.

Glad you are feeling a bit better!

Meggan said...

Wow, that is such a busy weekend! Thank goodness for Zofran. I wish that I could take it, at least to just see if it'd work for me! UGH. Morning sickness is the pits. Hang in there. You've almost reached the peak.

What a blessing you were home for Jake's seizure. I would just want to be there so I knew he was okay when it was done. I can't imagine. You are dealing with some pretty tough situations over there. No wonder you're bad luck for BYU ;)

Call me if you need anything.

Heather said...

Way to go U.C.L.A.! Wish I could have been there to see the Bruin victory.

I'm glad you found something to take care of your morning sickness so you could enjoy Wicked and the game. Sounds like a fun weekend!

I'm sorry to hear about Jake's seizure. Poor little guy. I hope one day the docs will figure something out so he won't have to experience that anymore.

When will you know if you're having a boy or girl???!!

Becky said...

Zofran it up baby!! i am sorry to hear jake had a seizure, that is no fun i am sure.

i am sorry to say but, i don't think zac is going to be able to handle another loss for the cougs. he was in a mild state of depression that evening laying in our bed moaning "i let the cougs down, i didn't get a hold of bronco in time to tell him the game plan. i put my school before my true passion and now look what's happened." i am not exaggerating here, this was my husband saturday night.
let me just say i don't think you two ging to another game is going to be the best idea if we want zac to get through this season sane. he has already predicted it will be their only loss so please don't ruin their luck. maybe the players get nervous when they see jon in the stands watching them play. who knows??

Tamara said...

I think becky may be right. Jon is probably intimidating the players. Maybe if you could get him to call the players in advance and let them know he's coming, it would frighten them a little less.

I hope your little guy is ok. poor thing. I be the seizures really scare him too. Sorry about that.

Anonymous said...

Sarah-
I was reading Rebecca Holmstroms blog and saw a link for yours. It's fun to see pictures of your family and catch up a bit. (I am getting ready to go to California for my class reunion so I've been reminicing about high school.)I don't have a blog yet but have been pressured to get going on one. Pregnancy is the pits. My third was definitely the hardest. I hear Zofran is definitely the way to go. It gives me hope for the future. I hope you start feeling better!

-Kathleen
leenainsworth@hotmail.com

Jules said...

Hey Sarah... cousin Julie here! Congrats on the pregnancy and glad the zofran helps a bit. I am pregnant w/ #5 and was SO sick this time, zofran was wonderful! I think we're due just a few weeks apart! (March 11th is my due date!) Anyways, I've been reading your blog for while now and haven't ever commented, so I thought I'd say hello!
So sorry to hear about Jake's seizures. You sure have your hands full. Good thing you're superwoman!
We're going to the BYU/Tulsa game this weekend in Oklahoma. We'll root extra hard for you-- hopefully we'll bring some good luck, since I haven't been to a BYU game in ages!
Take care! Love, Julie

Andrea said...

Sounds like a really fun weekend.Hopefully you weren't too sick to enjoy it. I would love to see Wicked again, it probably takes more than once to really pick up on everthing. Sorry about Jake's seizure, I am glad you guys were home. Poor little guy, hopefully he will be free and clear for a long time.

Melanie said...

Wow! Action packed! So sorry to hear about Jake's seizure. Thank goodness you guys were home to be with him. Poor guy.

Glad you got some meds to help with the morning sickness. Hopefully you can function a little more normally now. :) (My kids are starting to go a little stir crazy 'cause I haven't felt up to doing much of anything for a few weeks now!)