

Our New Year's celebration started on New Year's Eve with the annual 'Warnick Family Soup in a Bread Bowl Game Night' at my parents house. This year my sister, Becky, decided to take it up a notch and make it an American Idol party. This is the 3rd time our family has done this and this time the new rule was that you had to use karaoke music- or music without the lyrics. This wouldn't be a problem for a musically talented family, but for Jon and I, we had a really hard time staying with the music. We decided to do "What I've Been Looking For"- Ryan and Sharpay's audition song and dance from the first High School Musical. About halfway through the song I was so lost all of the little girls in the audience had to start singing to get me back on track! It was pretty sad since all of our best moves were in the middle of the song and I messed it all up! Oh well, it was still a lot of fun and we can't wait until the next time to try and redeem ourselves!

Jake and Nathan sang "The Wise Man Built His House Upon a Rock." They got a little stage fright and it ended up being more of a solo on my part!

Carli did a song from High School Musical 2 and brought out some serious hip action moves as she sang!
Wendy and Derek sang "Don't Go Breaking My Heart"
Becky and Zac sang "Eye of the Tiger"

Please excuse this disgusting photo of myself and focus on how much we resemble Ryan and Sharpay (a six months pregnant Sharpay)!!!

Rob and Bethany sang a Jack Black song from 'School of Rock'

Christy and Adam sang the theme song from "Fame"

Holly and Brodie sang "I'm a Believer"

My parents sang the country song "I'm Proud of the House We Built"




The next morning we woke up bright and early and drove up to Pasadena to watch the Rose Parade. This is another Warnick family tradition that we have done every year since I was born. The boys had a lot of fun running around and spraying the silly string that Jon bought for them. Their favorite floats were the train with the animals and the Sesame Street one.
Overall we had a fun New Year's celebration and are looking forward to everything 2008 brings our way!
Happy New Year!
19 comments:
Happy New Year! Looks like the Warnick clan and the extended fam had a great New Year's celebration! I love the pictures of the American Idol party. It's so fun to see how your family has grown and changed over the years.
Everyone is such good sports in American Idol! I don't know if I could get Ryan to do it. I love the HSM choice. I will have to see the video of you guys doing that, its Ellie's favorite. Glad you had a Happy New Year. I am jealous of your warm weather.
You guys have the funniest family. I love it.
How in the WORLD did you get Nathan on your shoulders? That kid is a tank.
You guys have great family traditions!
i am so glad you posted these pics so i didn't have to. i just didn't have it in me to download all them and then try to remember what everyone sang. it was quite fun, even though we did not win. next year we are totally bringing in judges. i am done being nice.
OH MY GOODNESS!! This makes me miss your family so much! They are such good sports and so much fun! Kelly said she saw you guys at the rose parade. You & Christy's pregnant bellies are SO CUTE! You guys look great! Miss you! Jules
You guys always do such fun stuff. We need to start taking notes. And your pregnant belly is SO cute!
Wow! It looks like you guys had a ton of fun from Christmas to New Years! :) So glad you enjoyed it. I think you look very cute 6 months pregnant. I have to admit, it's nice to see I'm not the only one who definitely can't hide it at all anymore! :)
P.S. Good choice on Christmas pj's for the boys. We got the same ones for our Jacob! :)
That's so awesome!
Do you all have a special spot that you go to every year to watch the parade? I've always wanted to go,but never have.
Oh, and you look great!
Looks like fun!
I'm so jealous. One because I missed the Warnick kick off of American Idol season but Second because you make me miss California SO MUCH! I made Adam turn off football for an entire hour and watch the Rose Parade with me (instead of going to the other room and watching the rest of whatever game was on). You guys are hilarous.
And is that all you've got? Six months pregnant and you're still that small? JEEZ! I have a bigger belly than that when I eat too many brownies!
So fun! Do the kids get to perform too or just the couples?
I hope you will host some sort of party with some friends and invite me. I know you'll think of something fun to do.
Can I be a judge next year??
Yeah, do the kids get to perform too Sarah? I love that your entire family gets together for it. Yea for Becky for putting it together, right?
And the parade will forever be engrained in my head as something the Warnicks do. I love that you are now taking the next generation on to it.
Man you guys sure know how to party! I may have to borrow that idea sometime--not like Jer would participate but I sure would. Sounds like a lot of fun. You still look so adorable!
Hi Sarah, my sister mentioned she found your blog through a friends blog- this is Shelby. What a cute family you have! Hope it's ok for me to check in every once in a while.
http://the-rodgers-family.blogspot.com/
It looks like you all had a really great time doing American Idol!! Josh had to take a look at all your pictures to see how your family has changed since he saw them last. We both had a good laugh. You are very brave!
Hey Jon and Family. This is Jill Hyde Bearden. I had fun visiting with your parents at the USBA convention. I had even more fun seeing your cute family on this blog. Seriously, could your kids look more like you? I also wish there was a video clip of your New Years talent show..that would have been hilarious! I'm very jeleous of the beautiful weather you guys have down there. As I sit here in 13 degrees, you guys still have green grass. Sorry this is so long. You can check out my blog if you want. It's mjbeardenblog.blogspot.com Good to see you again! Jill
jill, there are video clips of the talent contest, but they are securely stored away to prevent unwanted torture to those that view them. musical and acting ability are not high on the talent list of the draper family.
jon
That is the Jon Draper family, not the Ron Draper family!
You always have so many comments! I love that you posted a pregnant picture of yourself. It makes it seem more real for those of us who don't see you very often! It looks like you guys had tons of fun for the holidays!
Yo, I have looked at your blog but have never taken the time to comment, but I have a second right now and wanted to tell you how fun your New Year's looked! I really want to be a part of this Warnick Idol someday. Your family is so fun and you all are so dang cute. Glad you guys live so close and get to enjoy spending the holidays together!!
Post a Comment