Yesterday was Jon's 30th birthday and today is Valentine's Day so I thought it only fitting that I write a little ode to the man in my life! Here are six of the reasons why I love him so much- things that maybe some of you don't already know about him!
1. Jon loves to learn. He is always reading books or the Internet and loves to gain new knowledge on basically anything from WWII to church history to dentistry and to the latest on BYU or Delta sports!
2. Jon loves to debate and he's good at it. At first I didn't understand his intensity when debating a subject and it maybe worried me a little! But now I realize that he is a very passionate person and he really believes in what he believes in.
3. Jon feels that one of the most important things we can do in this life is treat people well. He is always nice to EVERYONE- even the telemarketer that keeps calling and won't take no for an answer! I honestly don't think I've ever seen or heard Jon be rude to anyone. I can learn a lot from him.
4. Jon is spontaneous! He will call me from work at 4:30 and tell me that he really wants to take the boys to Disneyland that night or he'll wake up on a Saturday morning and decide that he wants to drive all the way to Pepperdine to watch a BYU Men's Volleyball game! He loves to get out and do things and really enjoys life.
5. Jon is very tolerant of people and never judgemental. He truly believes that everyone is inately good and sometimes people just make mistakes. They are still good people.
6. Jon loves to travel and is fun to travel with. When we go on vacation together he believes that you may never make it back to that place again so you need to take advantage of everything there is to do there- money's not really an option when traveling with Jon (even though it probably should be)!
I really love you, Jon!
Happy Birthday and Happy Valentine's Day!
13 comments:
Cute picture! Happy Birthday Jon!
Jon DOES seem like a really great guy and all these things you've written are fabulous and probably just the tip of the iceburg. We are grateful for the opportunity to have met you, gotten to know you, and spend time with you both!
Aw, that was really sweet Sarah. Happy Birthday Jon! Happy Valentine's Day to the Drapers!
Happy birthday Jon. Sarah, this is so sweet! Jon sounds amazing indeed -if everyone had these 6 qualities, the world would be a much, much better place. You are tryly blessed :)
HAppy Birthday Jon!
What a great tribute Sarah.
um...hello, i already knew all those things about jon. tell me something i don't already know. j/k. those are all such nice things and they are all true. i love jon, he's a great guy!!
What a fun week at the Draper house! How do you manage to be a party all the time, even at 6/7 months pregnant? You are awesome!
So sweet. Sounds like you got a keeper there!
That was fun to read. I loved learning more about Jon. Happy Birthday!!
hey, i'm going private with my blog so if you still want to check in you can email me at jonathanelton@msn.com and i will add you on.
Jon is a great guy. We so enjoyed hanging out with you guys again.
30 years old! happy birthday.
Jon is one of the good guys.... so glad we got to hang out!!
Post a Comment