Wednesday, August 12, 2009

More Cabin Fun

Wednesday morning Jon and I went golfing with his sisters, Annie and Heidi. Neither of them have ever really golfed before so Jon, being the nice brother that he is, gave them free gold lessons!


I had to put this next picture of Heidi on here since she hit the "shot of the day!" It was a par 3 that you had to hit over a big lake. She hit the ball over the water and right onto the green. It was very exciting! I on the other hand, hit 2 balls into the lake before I just decided to drop on the other side! So sad for me.

Everyone took turns being in charge of a meal while we were there. It was fun to try everyone's food and to get some new recipes.

Wednesday afternoon we went down to Mesa Falls and let the kids see the waterfall. They were pretty excited about this.

Another attept at a family shot.

There was a little visitor's center where the kids could feel different animal skins, claws and antelors. Nathan had a good time playing in there with his cousins.

Wednesday night we went to the rodeo and dinner that has become a tradition in my family and hopefully a new tradition in Jon's. Nathan tried to pull the ribbon off of the calf's tail, but wasn't quite quick enough!

He did get to pet it afterwards which was a highlight for him. Jake wanted nothing to do with the the rodeo- I think the bulls freaked him out.

Jon and the boys watched as they let all of the horses out into the field. Jake loved watching the horses run free.

Jake also loved throwing this lasso over the metal bull. He was actually pretty good at it!

Another attempt at a family picture (we will get a good one someday- I just know it!).

I seriously love this man!

Aunt Heidi and Max

Max loved having Uncle Marc throw him into the air!

When did he get so big and grown up? Crazy!

Later that evening Jon and I danced with the boys. It was so much fun!

Grandma wanted in on the action!

Jake and Nate both wanted me to spin them around. I was getting pretty dizzy by the end of the night!

We all danced the night away!

Even Max joined in!
The rodeo and dinner were the perfect ending to a great vacation. A thanks goes out to Ron and Lorelei for helping to organize all of the activities and for paying for EVERYTHING we did the entire week. We had such a great time and can't wait until we can all get together again!

7 comments:

Nat Lud said...

So fun! You guys sure know how to enjoy Island Park. :) We have yet to hit the rodeo. Maybe next year . . .

Johanna said...

Sarah, you are such a great mom. You guys have fun and always find stuff to do with the kids. The pictures are filled with love and joy. And little Max did indeed grow up! What a handsome fellow he is :)

Heidi said...

It was such a fun time! Thanks to your fam for letting us borrow the cabin! And, thanks to both you and Jon for being so patient at golfing with Annie and I! It was a blast! We'll have to go again when we're together.

Annette said...

Sarah, you are too cute in your "cowgirl" hat. I love it! Looks like you guys packed in a ton of fun on your trip. What a great summer you guys have had!

Becky said...

very fun times spent with the drapers. glad you guys were able to paack so much into such a short time. were those sticky buns i saw and did you make them? yum!

Tonya said...

Such fun pictures! Looks like you had such a great time. You look so cute in your hat.

Nate said...

Hey Sarah! It looks like you had so much fun on your trip. We are glad you guys are back safe and sound. Your pictures are great - I look at them and wonder - do you have any idea how gorgeous you are?? You are a super model mommy of three.

Just thought you should know.