A little while ago we mentioned to Jon's mom that we were thinking about taking a trip sometime this Spring. We got a call a few weeks later telling us that she and Jon's sister, Genevieve, would love to come down and watch the kids during Genevieve's spring break in March. Whoa...can you say best in-laws ever?
The kids had such a fun week with pretty much 24 hour attention! Every time Jon and I called home they barely wanted to talk to us because they were in the middle of something much more fun.
Here are some of the things they were up to:
Making smoothies...

Eating good food...

Playing Outside...

Eating green food for St. Patrick's Day...

Fun school projects to celebrate St. Patty's Day...

Getting new CTR rings that I left for them (because they're green!)...

Playing pirates with Aunt Genevieve...
(Genevieve was Captain Buckle, Jake was first mate, Nathan was a buccaneer and a telescope guy and Max was a shark!)

Admiring and eating Grandma's rainbow and leprechaun dinner...

Playing lots of games...

Being silly...

Playing outside with Aunt Genevieve...

Hiding secret treasures and having Grandma follow a treasure map to find them...

Playing soccer...

and having Genevieve push them on the swings!

Needless to say the boys loved every minute of having Grandma Lorelei and Aunt Genevieve here playing with them. They were excited to see us when we got home, but missed the constant attention they received while they were here! We are so grateful that they were willing to come down and take care of things so that Jon and I didn't have to worry about anything while we were gone. Thank you, thank you, thank you, Grandma and Lorelei- We love you!!!
Lorelei and Genevieve left Saturday morning and then the kids spent the last 2 days at my parent's house. I have to give a shout out and thank you to them as well for helping us out!
They took Jake to his baseball game, took the boys to McDonald's and the park and then to church with them on Sunday. We are so fortunate to have families on both sides that we can trust our kids with. I don't know what we would do without them!
Once we got back the kids were so excited to see what gifts we brought for them. Unfortunately, a lot of these are already broken, but at least they had fun playing with them for a few days!
Nathan learned in preschool that his Spanish name is Nathano and he frequently tells us (very loudly in Target) that we need to call him that. So when I found this key chain with his Hawaiian name on it, I had to fork over the $5 to get it for him. His Hawaiian name is Nakana!



Jake was so excited about his new ocean animals. The kid is obsessed with his animals!


Max wasn't so excited about his new shell necklace- all he wanted was candy!

Nathan asked us to bring him back something that had to do with letters- this was the best we could do.



We missed the kids a lot while we were gone and it was so good to see them, but it was definitely an adjustment getting back to our normal routine. I think we are finally there!
2 comments:
Wow, can Jon's mom come stay at my house for a week? What a fun grandma! I love her leprechaun dinner, that looks amazing! Your boys are in love with their grandma and auntie. I could tell just by sitting by them at church. I love that you got Nathan an island letter book. That is perfect for him. And I bet Jake loved his sea animals. I think it's great that he loves his animals so much. Trent does too. Glad they were in good hands so you could relax and not worry about them one bit. I bet they were so happy to see you when you came home!
And now you know why summer sleep-overs in Delta were the best part of the year...Aunt Lorelei always had fun (and somewhat crazy) things for us to do :)
Post a Comment