Monday, May 24, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!

I love Mother's Day and this year did not disappoint. I woke up with Jon and the boys bringing me breakfast in bed. We decided we wanted to all eat together so we had a "picnic" upstairs. Jon made Poppeye Pancakes (aka German Pancakes) with sour cream, brown sugar and strawberries on top. I know it sounds weird, but our friends made it for us a few years ago when they came to visit and it is seriously so good!

Jon's gift to me was this homemade calendar that Max is displaying. I was a little confused at first, but then he explained that he wants me to take a girls trip and he'll stay home and watch the kids! How nice is that? So I've now got a little trip planned in a few weeks with some of my girlfriends to Denver! Random, I know, but we wanted to pick a city that was somewhat close to everyone and that no one had been to. So... if any of you out there know anything about Denver such as where to stay or what there is to do, we'd love suggestions!

The boys gave me lots of homemade cards and presents that I absolutely loved!

After church we went to my parent's house where all of the guys made dinner and took care of the kids. It was nice to get a little break and not have to do anything. It was also nice to spend this day with my mom who I am so thankful for. I have learned so much from her example and I am grateful that I live so close to her and get to see her whenever I want!
(If you notice my lingering black eye in these pictures... it may or may not have involved one of my children throwing an iphone at me from about 3 feet away. I cried. A lot.)

I realize that I complain a lot about how hard my children are, but I really do love them more than anything and I'm so grateful that I have the opportunity to be their mom and to raise them. Being a mom to these three crazy boys is the hardest, most rewarding thing I'll ever do.

5 comments:

Molly said...

What a great Mother's Day! MY sister lives outside of Denver and I've been there a few times but alwasy with my kids in tow so we haven't done anything super fun. IT is gorgeous though. Just doing some nature hikes is even fun because of the scenery. You will have a blas I am sure! Yuor boys are super cute and you do an amazing job with them!

Annette said...

Can I just say that you're one of my favorite moms? I love that you're so beautiful and "girly," but still tough enough to keep up with all of your boys. What a combo!

Kristen said...

so cute. You are a great MOM!

josieposie said...

Girls trips are always fun! Denver, well, I'm sure you will find plenty to do...

Nat Lud said...

So fun! Your boys definitely know how to spoil a lady! Can't wait to see ya!