Thankfully our big family vacation this year was in early July before I got morning sick so I was actually able to enjoy it! On our way up to my parent's cabin we made a few stops to try and break up the 16 hour drive. Our first stop was at Lake Mead. We waterskiied with Rob and Bethany and their kids and it was so much fun! It was the first time we've taken the boat out without my dad being there so I was a little nervous, but everything went really smoothly. The kids loved just swimming in the water and riding the tube.
We finally convinced Nathan to waterski and he did awesome- cast and all!
Jon and I got a few good runs in which just topped off a great day on the lake!
The next day we drove to Provo and stopped at BYU to walk around and go to the bookstore. You can never have too much BYU paraphernalia!
Jon's deep in conversation with the boys teaching them all that BYU has to offer!
Our next stop was at the Alpine Slides in Park City. Jon and I went there last September and have been excited to take the kids there ever since. Unfortunately on our way up Nathan started throwing up. It was so sad for him and so annoying that we were headed up to the cabin and bringing the sickness with us. We decided to still go to Park City and see how he was feeling when we got there. Of course once Nathan saw the slides he wanted to ride them so being the responsible parents that we are we gave him a bag to put in his pocket and took him up the mountain! He was doing well, but his last trip up he threw up in the dirt walking over to the slide. He seemed fine after that and still went down the slide. He's crazy! Im glad we went though, all the kids had a good time.
The next day we stopped in Kaysville to visit Jon's Grandpa Ernie. It's always so fun to visit with him and he always has some yummy snack for us. This time it was a delicious watermelon- the kids' favorite!
And then it was on to the cabin...
1 comment:
Oh my. Your boys looove adventures! I can't believe Nathan did all this while having a cast and feeling sick. He's a trooper! Glad you have fun before feeling sick. And of course, I hope you're feeling better now.
Post a Comment