Sunday, July 8, 2007

Lake Mead Trip

We just got back from a waterski trip at Lake Mead. We got there Friday night just in time to take a ski run as the sun went down. The water was perfect and it was so much fun. We then were on the lake all day Saturday and drove home that night. It was a quick trip, but well worth it. Nathan tried to ski, but couldn't quite stand up. Maybe next year! He loved just dragging behind the boat with Jon. Both boys loved swimming in the lake and riding on the boat. Jon took a bad fall the first night and ruptured his eardrum. We bought some ear plugs and a swim cap that he cut to make a band so that the water didn't get in his ear the next day. It was pretty cute! Overall, it was a really fun trip and we can't wait to go again! Jon falling and rupturing his eardrum.
The super hot headband!
Family picture time!
The boys loved the hotel room. They ran around amazed
that there was a bathtub and a TV in there!!!
Nathan making his first attempt at skiing.
Crazy hair day!
Sarah enjoying her ski run!
Sarah jumping the wake as the sun was setting.


15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a great time- love the pics!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you drove all the way to Lake Mead! If only we still lived there in good ol' Logandale. Glad you had a great time. It's so much fun out there. Need to enjoy it while it lasts! - Mel

Tonya said...

That is so awesome! I didn't know you guys ski! Sorry about Jon's eardrum. That's a bummer. So cute that Nathan is brave enough to even try skiing. And you, my friend, are a rock star. Do you guys have a boat?

Sarah said...

My parents have a couple boats that they store up in Boulder City which is right by Lake Mead. We try to go up a few times each Summer and get some skiing in.

Mel- so glad that you''re on the blog! I think all of the dental friends need to start one so that we can keep in touch more regularly!

Robyn said...

Sarah, those pictures are great. I love the one of Nathan behind the boat. He is so brave to try skiing! I love the picture of you jumping the wake with the sun setting. Definitely a framer! I'm glad you had fun.

Jake must have been tired from the trip because he fell asleep in his chair in Primary yesterday. Susan held him and rocked him while he slept. He looked so sweet in her arms.

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures. The boys look so cute in their little life jackets. You're a rockstar on the wakes.

I hope Jon's eardrum is alright. Isn't that the worst pain you can have, next to shoulder or back surgery? Yikes.

cat said...

HOW FUN!!! and how cute is nathan on skis! i still remember our trip to lake mead with you guys, ahh the memories.

Anonymous said...

What a fun trip! Sad day that Jon ruptured his eardrum! Is he okay? So for FHE we are going water skiing and I have always been too afraid of pain to try it and this story just sealed the deal! I have enough inherited hearing loss to risk it! Let's just hope that there are tubes to play on because I love that! Oh, I am way impressed Nate tried skiing! Get em while they're young then they won't grow up to be wooses like me!!! Oh and Annie told me Jon left a funny message about Nate's wrist bands, which I love by the way, but I can't find it anywhere! Where is it?

Becky said...

i am so jealous. we were so sad we couldn't go. it sounds like you guys had a lot of fun. i love all the pictures, especially the ones of you skiing, you little show-off you.
missed everyone for the 4th too. please tell me you sang proud to be an american by lee greenwood while standing on top the coffee table for me.
can't wait to see you in august. after checking out dad's camp list we have to bring i think i'll have to get a second job for this trip. holy cow! lov e ya!

Meggan said...

Sarah, that looks like SO much fun!! You ARE definitely a rock star at skiing.

Could your boys look any more different from each other??? Jake looks so skinny in that pic and Nathan is just such a big boy!

Missy said...

Such fun pictures Sarah! I love everyone of them, though I do feel bad that Jon ruptured his ear drum. Way to be hardcore and push through it to stay on the glass though.

It brought back a lot of memories for me actually. Remember when we used to go and stay in the Sunset hotel and then get McDonalds egg mcmuffins Becky?

Your boys really are CUTE. I love them and want to meet them in person!

Erin said...

You are an awesome waterskiier, Sarah! Sweet photo with the spray. I can't believe I was trying to give you hold the grip tips for arm strength. I am a total amateur.

Matt ruptured his eardrum one time waterskiing as well. I thought he just had water in his ear, so I lovingly put alcohol in the ear to evaporate the water out. He screamed.

Cute photos of the boys! Nathan is so brave to try!

The Staffieri Family said...

I just found your blog from Robyn's page. So fun to see what you guys have been up to. I just started a blog. I am still trying to figure it out, but here it is:
http://staffierifamily.blogspot.com

Tamara said...

Seh,
How on earth do your kids keep getting cuter! You call us when you need company at lake mead. We're there.

Janae said...

Sarah, I can't believe that you came all the way to Lake Mead and didn't call us!! I would have love to see you. Looks like you had tons of fun. I love Lake Mead because the water is so warm!!