I keep separating this into paragraphs and for some reason every time I publish it, it combines it back into one long paragraph. So frustrating!
Last weekend we took our last trip of the Summer (and hopefully the last one for a long time!). Jon's little sister, Kathryn, got married on Saturday. We drove to Manti on Friday and did a session with all of Jon's siblings who are endowed. It was really neat to be in the temple with all of them. I also love the "live" temple sessions- they are much better for keeping me awake!
We spent the night in Manti and then went to the sealing Saturday morning. The sealer did a great job- it was a beautiful ceremony. We then took pictures outside of the temple which Jake and Nate were not too fond of. All they wanted to do was run around the temple grounds.
We then drove an hour and a half to Delta. The wedding luncheon didn't start until 3:00 so we decided to take the boys to the park and let them run around for a little bit. They were still in their white shirts and slacks, but we looked and and didn't see anything that would get them dirty, so we let them play. I left to run to the store and when I got back I noticed Jake standing there covered head to toe in mud. Apparently Jon ran into someone he knew and started talking. He looked over and noticed Jake running full blast toward the one mud puddle in the park. He couldn't get there in time and watched Jake dive straight into the mud. I wish we would have gotten a picture so you could understand just how muddy he was. So we stopped by Jon's house and threw his clothes in the wash so they would be clean for the reception that night.
We then went to the luncheon which was so good! They used a new caterer in Delta and she did a great job. Jon and I switched off playing outside with the boys since they had no interest in sitting for 2 hours while everyone ate and the parents gave speeches.
Once that was done, we went to Jon's house and got ready for the reception. We then headed over to the reception. Kathryn's colors were red and yellow and everything looked so nice. Jon's mom did a great job with everything. We took a few pictures with the boys and then took them home and had a babysitter watch them during the rest of the reception. It was fun for Jon and I to be there without them and actually get to talk to people. Overall, the wedding turned out great and we are so excited for Kathryn and Marc!
We made the 10 hour drive home yesterday which was pretty much a nightmare. We hit a lot of traffic and the boys were just so sick of being in the car. Nathan threw up twice (I know I can't complain, Andrea, but my kids have never done that!!!). I think he just drank too much juice and got a little car sick. He seems fine today. Nathan also tried to get out of his set by taking his arms out of the straps at least 20 times. I thought I was going to go insane. Needless to say, we were so excited to get home last night and to not go on another road trip for a long time!
6 comments:
That's a crazy road trip. I can't believe Jake was covered in mud. Little boys are trouble, huh? Dylan keeps getting into all sorts of mischief that my girls never did.
Did you have throw up all over your car? THAT is horrible. I'm glad you're staying put for awhile. All your travelling this summer was exhausting me!
Congrats to the bride and groom!
Oh my goodness, I bet you guys are SO tired and SOOO happy to be home. You have gone on a ton of trips this summer. HOW FUN!! But, it's nice to get home and get back into the routine. That's an awesome picture. My sister is getting married next month and her bridesmaids dresses are red, too.
Twelve hours? I would puke more than twice. Weddings are always fun. Congrats to Jon's sister.
Hey, Sarah! Another jam-packed weekend! Sounds like a lot of fun. I got thinking today that it's been awhile since I've been to an all out wedding. Looks so fun. Glad you made it home safe!
throw up in the car and muddy white shirts, wow, i can't wait to be a mom. j/k, i really can't. i'm glad your glad to be home. i want to come visit sometime in the next month or so. anything fun going on i can make sound important so zac will support me going? schools starts soon right? maybe i will chip my tooth even worse on purpose so it becomes a medical emergeny only dr. draper can fix-brilliant.
The wedding seems like it was really nice. Sorry about the pucking, just give it a few more times and it won't even phase you. That is pretty funny about Jake and the mud, I am sure you didin't think it was funny at the time.
Post a Comment