Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Jake's First Day of School

Today was Jake's first day of his second year of preschool. He goes to the speech and language preschool at one of our local elementary schools.
I think I was much more excited about the first day of school than Jake was at this point! He just wanted to keep watching Dora and did not want to get in the car.
Once we got to the school and the memories came flooding back he was much more excited about it!
He sat patiently on the curb with his friends waiting for everyone else to get there.
Once they were all there, they walked with Ms. Margie around the corner and to their classroom.
I honestly hadn't felt sad about this day at all, but once he started walking away and I couldn't see him anymore, I totally started crying and cried the whole way home! He's just so cute in his little backpack and I'm actually going to miss him while he's gone. He has the same teacher as last year, Ms. Margie, who I absolutely love. She is so patient with these little kids with special needs and she does a great job teaching them. We are very grateful that Jake gets to have her for another year!

12 comments:

cat said...

SO handsome! i love his shirt and his shoes. freddy starts on monday. wuhoo!!! jake is going to love it, and nathan is going to love the extra attention (and napping with mama when she is sick!)

Heather said...

Happy first day of school! Jake looks so cute! He's lucky to have such a stylish Mom to dress him each morning. Don't cry. Jake will LOVE school and you'll appreciate the extra time with little Nathan.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Hey Sarah -
I just felt like replying since I started school today. I kind of wish I had Mom to be there cause I have to cry for myself now ;) Actually, I really love school. and being married, for that matter. Marc and I felt like we were ten year olds having a sleepover last night because we were being so silly. everything seemed hilarious. yeah, not very adult, but I am still new to the whole being responsible thing. ;)
This blog is really fun. I always like the update.
I love you and your family! Kathryn

Nat Lud said...

That is so neat that he has such a great teacher. I know how much that means! I hope he has a great year. Brea starts Thursday so that will be good. I know these special schools help so much! Take care.

Becky said...

he looks so cute. i love his first day of school outfit- it is so grown up. i am sure the sadness will wear of real fast, not to worry. you'll have some good quality time with the nathanator.

Melanie said...

These kids are growing up too fast for us Sarah! I'm glad he eventually got excited for school. It sounds like he's got a great teacher - such a blessing! One blessing of morning sickness was that I felt too sick on Emily's first day to really think about it and get upset, but today I wasn't feeling so bad and as I walked away from her it was a lot harder. Good thing I had Jacob there to distract me.
Hope you're feeling OK.

Andrea said...

He looks adorable and so grown up. Love his shirt, such a little man. I hope he has a good year. What a blessing to have that great school so close to you.

Tonya said...

Jake's outfit is so cute! I love his shoes. Thank goodness for school, huh??

Robyn said...

Oh Jakie! He looks so grown up! I don't know what I'm going to be like when Trent starts school...in like 10 years. I love Jake's shoes. And it looks like he is excited to be there. That's so nice that Marge is such a nice teacher and that he already knows her!

Meggan said...

darn those hormones! the crying spells kill me sometimes.

glad he ended up enjoying school. it's way worse leaving your kid knowing they aren't happy.

Missy said...

I love his outfit too! So stylish. And I'm so glad you like his teacher. She sounds great! I'm sure you and Nathan will have great bonding time before #3 gets here!