Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Random Thoughts

I've been working on changing the background of my blog and have been having some trouble with it. I really don't like the one that I have ended up with, but it'll have to do for now. It's too busy to me and hard to read the color of the font against the background. I guess I'll have to keep working on it or just go back to my boring old one. We'll see...

So I am still feeling really sick, though the Zofran is continuing to take the edge off a little. I've been trying to get off the couch and get out a little more (thanks to my mom giving me a lecture on how I might feel a little better if I got out a little more and tried to do more- thanks, Mom!). I've mainly found that I am just exhausted by the end of the day, but I guess that is nothing new. I should only have 6 more weeks of the morning sickness, so that is nice.

I had another ultrasound yesterday and the baby looks really good. I can't believe how much "it" has changed in just a week and a half. I scheduled my next appointment for Oct.5 and they should be able to tell the sex of the baby then. I can't wait! Jon keeps telling me to expect a boy, but I don't think anything can prepare me to hear that we are having our 3rd boy. I also can't even imagine hearing that it is a girl, so I guess we'll just have to wait and see. Obviously the most important thing is that the baby is healthy, but it's still fun to get excited about finding out what we're having. I'll let everyone know as soon as we know!

I'm not sure why I am already showing and I am only 10 weeks along. I don't remember being this big this early with either of my other pregnancies. I am seriously considering pulling out the maternity clothes already since I don't fit into any of my clothes anymore. I just don't know if I can bear to do maternity clothes yet. I might have to continue wearing big shirts and unbuttoning my pants for just a little longer!

I'd like to end this random post with a shout out to Jon. He has been putting up with a lot having me be sick and pretty much doing nothing around the house. He comes home everyday and asks what he can make me for dinner. He then plays with the kids and puts them to bed and cleans the kitchen and picks up the mess that the boys have made all day. I really love him and don't treat him as well as he deserves. I don't know how I would get through this without him. For that matter, I wouldn't be going through this if it weren't for him!!! I love you, Jon!

10 comments:

Becky said...

cheesy...no i am kidding, it is kind of cute. i am glad jon is such a sweet husband and is willing to help out so much around the house. i can't wait to see what zac comes up with for dinners if i ever get pregnant. we will probably be eating out a lot. hooray!!

Melanie said...

Oh Sarah, I am showing too and can hardly believe it! (I can't believe we're only 1 day off from each other! It'll be interesting to see when our drs. decide to deliver our babies!)I was talking to Billy about showing just the other day, "I don't remember showing this soon with Jacob!" So, I feel your pain. If only we lived closer to each other! :)

I'm glad Jon has been such a good helper. Billy has too. I know he's getting tired of it, but he keeps on doing it. We married troopers!

One of these days we will feel normal again, right?! :)

Missy said...

You are totally NOT showing. I just saw you yesterday and wanted to tell you how I had a total pooch by three months and you don't have anything. Still as stylish as ever even when you are feeling sick...

Your boys are so cute Sarah! Either a girl or a boy Draper will be so so cute.

Heather said...

Hurray! You posted again! I'm glad you got your site straightened out again. Guess who I coaxed into joining the blogging world? Rochelle! She has a private site right now so I haven't linked her up yet.

Sorry to hear you're still feeling sick. I can't imagine feeling sick every day for months. Adopting all of our kids is sounding more and more appealing. I only get 6-8 mo. for maternity leave! Sounds like I'd need at least a year and a half off! Yikes. Hang in there.

Jon is a great husband. I'm glad you have him to take care of you. I won't let Brian read this post though. I'm not even sick and he still does everything for me. Ha!

Tonya said...

I'm so sorry you are so sick. It really is the worst feeling in the world. Give me pain over nausea any day. As strange as it sounds, I think I felt better when I was outside doing stuff. Maybe it is the fresh air. Maybe it just helped my psyche. Who knows.

I'm so glad everything looked good on your ultrasound yesterday. HOORAY!

Okay, listen. Three boys is not the end of the world. It's so much fun. I know some people, who will remain nameless, think I am crazy to love having boys so much, but it really is great. And, really, what are you going to do to change it? That's right, nothing. So, IF "it" is another boy, you can be sad for 3 minutes. That's it. Then move on and be THRILLED for another boy. Think of all of the money you will save in clothing and toys alone! Not to mention bedding, baby blankets, etc.

I do want my next baby to be a girl, I'm not going to lie about that. BUT, if I do have another boy, I will be happy, too. Just think of the looks I will get at the grocery store with four boys. I love it.

Jon is such a great husband. Thank heavens for spouses that are fully involved and step up to the plate when needed. Such a blessing.

Oh, and I showed a lot earlier with each baby, too. It's pretty normal. Unfortunately. Luckily, there are some pretyy cute maternity clothes out there now.

cat said...

so, i love your blog skin, just change your font color to the cream/light yellow one. it will be perfect.
sorry about being sick. NOTHING is worse, because there is no reprieve.
man, i love jon for helping and taking over when needed!
if it is a boy, i will just accept the fact that you want to be like me and we will move on.
oh yeah, i have bought ALL new stuff on henry because i thought that he (and i) deserved it. so, get rid of all the baby clothes you are completely in love with!
why the heck are all my comments on your blog so dang long?

Robyn said...

Oh my gosh, what a busy few weeks you've had. I'm glad you ended up going to Wicked. There is NO way I would've been able to go that day so I'm glad Jon ended up going with you.

I am so sorry about Jake's seizure. That must have been so scary. I am so glad you were there and that he's okay. You are so brave to endure things like that.

And please stop saying that you are showing already. I don't believe you. Like I've said before, you have the waistline of Scarlet Ohara.

Robyn said...

Also, I love the blog's new look. It's perfect for fall!

Andrea said...

I forgot to ask you how to change the blog. You will have to fill me in later. I hope you start feeling better. There is something to be said for supportive husbands, it does make the whole process a little easier to handle. Way to go Jon!!

rebecca said...

Yeah for October 5th!!! No matter what Baby Draper #3 is going to be just as cute as the other 2!