Christmas wouldn't be complete without a trip to Disneyland to see all of the holiday decorations (and ride some of the rides!). We got to see the holiday firework show at the end of the night which Nathan and I loved. Jake is still a little terrified of fireworks, so Jon took him inside one of the buildings until it was over. I think we might have to make one more trip to the magic kingdom before the Christmas season is over!
We went with my friend, Cortney and her daughter, Roxie to Borders last week to see Santa, hear a story and have cookies. Unfortunately, when we got there the event had been cancelled! We were disappointed, but Nathan and Roxie still had fun walking through the bookstore holding these cute polar bears.
Jake got invited to a birthday party for his school friend at Chuck E. Cheese last weekend. When we got there his friend, Kevin was so excited to see him and the two played together the whole time. I teared up watching Jake actually having a friend that wanted to play with him and that he got along so well with. Jon and I have been having a hard time lately with the fact that it is really hard for Jake to interact appropriately with other kids and therefore he gets excluded a lot. We never blame the other kids- they don't understand his special needs- but it is still hard as a parent to watch your child get left out of everything that is going on. I think we might have to invite Kevin over for a little playdate sometime soon!
Monday night for Family Home Evening we talked about the Nativity story and then we put together this ginger bread house. Here are the before and after pictures. The boys had so much fun putting all of the candy on and also enjoyed eating it along the way! I think they did a great job and surprisingly they haven't touched it since- we'll see how long it lasts on our counter!
Today we decorated Christmas sugar cookies and made cards for their Primary teachers. We went around and delivered them all tonight which the boys thought was pretty fun. I think the teachers enjoyed receiving the goodies as well!
15 comments:
Holy Best Holiday Mama! You guys sound like you're having so much fun. I was reading about Disneyland at Christmastime in a magazine and so wish I could go! It's so fun to see you guys and your fun activities. And amen on your feelings about Jake having a friend. It is super special. Hope he has many fun playdates with his new buddy!
Wow! You guys really have had a lot of fun things to do and see. I need to get my boys out and doing more! Now you've given me some great ideas! I can totally relate to how you feel about Jake - anytime I see someone take an interest in my niece, I tear up. If only we all understood that those with special needs are the ones we should friendship the most.
Wow! It looks like you've been having a great time. So glad you're feeling better so you can really enjoy the season! :)
So much fun! Great pictures of all the celebrations. You sound super busy, but fun busy!
Sarah,
So fun! I love the stuff you've done. I especially loved about Jake. What a cutie! Love ya, Heidi
Sounds like the Drapers are having so much fun this Christmas season!
I especially love the story about Jake's new friend. Cute kids ;). I hope they have many more fun playdates together. The pic of them is so adorable.
Wow, you guys have been having some fun! The Gingerbread House looks great. Hmm, interesting about the sliding glass door, good thing no one got hurt right?
it really is such a fun time of year. there are so many fun things to do with family and friends. sounds like you guys area maximizing the holiday spirit with yummy baked goods, concerts, christmas tree lights, and gingerbread houses. what else is threre really? you are such a fun mom. nathan and jake are sooooo lucky to have you.
sorry about the sliding door, that's a bummer!
Christmas is seriously the best ever. Love it. You guys are packing in the festivities.
I am so happy for Jake. So glad there is someone out there for him to be BFFs with. It's so great.
You guys have seen a lot of movies! Do the boys sit still for that long in the theater?
I would love to Disney at Christmas, we will have to do that someday. I am glad Jake had fun at his b-day party, sounds like some of your prayers are being answered. That exact same thing happened to Ryan's dads sliding door and no one knows why. So crazy, that is a crappy expense this time of year. Have fun with the rest of your holiday activities.
I love Kevin! What a cute little guy. I'm glad Jake has a best friend. Um, please be careful with the playdates. I am nervous for you to be pregnant and have yet another kid running around your house! Maybe do it on a Saturday when Jon is home to help you. Play dates are super hard. At least at my house, with some specific little girls.
You are the best mom ever. I knew I should have pulled to get Jake into my Sunbeam class! Cookies for the teachers are the best!
Merry Christmas.
Roxie and Nathan are so cute! Can we please use that as their engagement picture?!!? At least the night was nice and short, that was what made it so enjoyable! They didn't have time to get bored.
We did gingerbread houses last night and I was almost hysterical because it looked so ugly and messy...I had to take deep breaths, smile, and repeat "its for the kids" a hundred times in my mind ;)
Tonya- we only took the boys with us to see Bee Movie and they actually did sit still the whole time! Just buy a large popcorn and they are set for an hour and a half! Jon opted out of seeing Enchanted and stayed home with the boys while I went with my family to see it. I really liked it and think Jon would have enjoyed it more than he thought he would!
Rebecca- I had the same anxiety at first with the gingerbread house. I wanted it to look just like the picture on the box, but gave up on that after a few minutes! I actually think it turned out pretty cute- kind of an eclectic look!!!
Sarah,
I am always excited when you have new blogs up to see and read about! I think you are such an adorable family. I was sad that I was not able to come down with my parents. I miss those boys so much! I was also really looking forward to seeing you and Jon! My parents said they had a lot of fun and that the boys were so cute and fun together. I sure do love you.
Post a Comment