I can't believe Christmas is only 2 days away. I am finally feeling ready- the baking is done, the shopping is done, Christmas cards are done, all that is left is the wrapping and Jon has said that he is excited to help me with that! We've had such a fun holiday season- here are some more of the fun things we have been up to!
Thursday Jon and I went to Jake's preschool holiday party where we helped him decorate a graham cracker 'gingerbread house' and sat and read stories with him. Jake was so excited when we got there and proudly showed us around his classroom. It was so cute to be there with him and to see how much he loves going to school!
Jake came home on Friday with this cute reindeer hat on and a red Rudolph nose! He looked so cute and was so excited to show it to us.
Saturday morning was our ward's breakfast with Santa. It was really bright outside so the pictures didn't turn out too well. Jake was actually excited to sit on Santa's lap, Nathan- not so much!
Saturday afternoon the boys were helping Jon with the yardwork. Nathan decided to sit on the little electrical meter box out front and watch Jon mow the lawn. He lost his balance and fell about 3 feet straight onto his head on the concrete. The bump on his head swelled up pretty good and he scratched the lens on his glasses. He's a pretty tough kid and didn't cry for very long, but I did thinking that now he is going to have a huge goose egg and scratched glasses for all of the Christmas day pictures! I guess the most important thing is that he is okay!!!
Saturday night my good friend from high school, Heather and her husband, Brian came over to visit. Heather is such a thoughtful friend and always brings gifts for me and the boys. They gave Nathan a dump truck which he loved and played with the entire time they were here. Jake was asleep so he didn't open his gift until later. I wish Heather and Brian could have seen how excited he was to open his firetruck. He loves that it squirts water and makes fire truck noises! Thanks, Heather and Brian for the fun gifts and for coming to visit!
And last but not least... GO COUGARS!!! Jon was more than excited about their victory on Saturday night and I was more than excited that now Jon would be in a good mood for Christmas!
We hope that everyone has a happy and safe Christmas!
3 comments:
Sarah,
Your boys are getting so grown up! I think it is great that Jake loves school so much! It is fun to see what good friends they are. I am excited to see fun pictures of your Christmas celebrations! We had a fine time here in Delta. Love ya, Annie Draper.
We had so much fun visiting with you, Jon, and Nathan on Saturday night. I'm glad Jake enjoyed the fire truck when he woke up. He must have been so tired because we were all SO LOUD!
Anyway, you are just about the cutest pregnant person I've ever seen. Don't even try to say otherwise. That ultrasound picture of Max's face is amazing! I'm so excited for you and your family!
We hope you had a Merry Christmas. Happy New Year! I'm bummed that we'll miss the big party at your parents house this year! Be sure to share pics!
Hey! It's great to see ya during the holidays. Sounds like you had a great time. You are still looking fabulous! And tell Jon that Jeremy was at that bowl game in Vegas. He had a great time and was stoked by the win as well. Take care!
Post a Comment