Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Easter!

We had a really fun Easter weekend! We started the festivities yesterday by dying Easter eggs. The boys loved dropping the eggs in the cups and then seeing what color they turned out to be.
Here are the finished eggs and the proud boys who dyed them!
The Easter bunny then paid a visit Saturday night and this is what he left.
Jake and Nate were pretty excited to wake up to baskets of candy that they got to eat before eating breakfast- what nice parents they have!
We have 9:00 church so we had to hurry and get ready to go. The boys looked so handsome in their new Easter outfits! Jake gave a talk in Primary for the first time today and although he was excited and practiced it well at home, he froze when he got up there and just stood there trying to eat the microphone. So I guess you could say that I got to give a talk in Primary today!
Showing a little brotherly love!
After church we had an Easter egg hunt in our backyard and then we went to my sister, Holly's house for Easter dinner and had another Easter egg hunt there. Needless to say that the boys got enough candy to last them a really long time.

Jake needed a few baskets to fit all of his eggs in!


Nathan and his cousin, Laney, found these hats at Holly's house and Nathan didn't take his off the whole time we were there. He also loved the binoculars- I think I know what to get him for his birthday that is coming up!
So my food assignment was dessert (surprise, surprise) so I made this strawberry cake and this chocolate bundt cake. I thought that both turned out pretty good. (Shhh...don't tell my doctor that I had a piece of each!)

Overall, I think the boys really had a great day and it was fun to see them get so excited about everything. I hope that everyone else had a Happy Easter!

14 comments:

Molly said...

Aah, you guys look so cute! It sounds like you had a fun Easter at your house. That's exciting about Jake having his first talk in Primary, Hayden has been begging to give a talk but so far he's only done the scripture and theme.

Thos desserts look divine! I just ahave to ask, did you get a matching outfit for Max? I just got one for Zac to match Hayden and Bryn even though he won't be here for another 3 weeks, that's okay!

Nat Lud said...

I bought Bubba that same sweater vest! It is adorable. Looks like such a fun day. you are my holiday idol--always making things so fun!

Johanna said...

What a great day you guys had. Enjoy your last days of semi-calm before baby #3 comes :)

Jen said...

How fun! I can't believe all the energy you have to do all these fun things just before baby Max comes.

The desserts look yum!

Melanie said...

Looks like it was a great weekend! You're looking good too!

Heather said...

Happy Easter to you and your family! The boys look so sharp in their little holiday vests. Reminds me of high school when you used to wear your sweater vests and big, silver hoop earrings ;).

It was fun talking to you the other night! See you and baby Max soon, I hope!

Sarah said...

Of course I got a matching outfit for Max! I got it in 3-6 months so that hopefully he can wear it through the summer!

rebecca said...

handsome boys! i can't beleve you are going to have a baby any day-you're so little and cute!

Tonya said...

Your boys looked so cute in their matching Easter outfits! I'm excited for you to join the 3 boy club soon, too. Max is going to be darling.

Jules said...

So cute!!! Love the Children's Place outfits... so bummed that my older boys don't fit in them anymore- now we can't have 5 "matchy matchy" kids, just the 3 younger. But your boys look so darling. Love their Easter baskets too. Looks like a fun day!

Andrea said...

It looks like you guys had a great Easter. The boys look so cute in their outfits, can't wait to see Max in with his. I took all of the stuff to make strawberry cake, but no one wanted me to make it, Easter wasn't the same without it. Glad you had a great day.

Becky said...

love the boys final product easter outfits. sooo cute. your dress looks cute too, but i can't really see it. was that on purpose? i am sad i had to miss all the festivities. i can't wait to see you on thursday! love ya.

Meggan said...

Okay, how do you get your kids to look so perfectly at the camera and smile? Our photo shoot was not a very happy time here. 9:00 church didn't help.

Is Max still coming on April 2nd? I'm hoping he will change his mind and come early. ;)

Sorry I missed your shower. I'm waiting to drop my gift off on purpose so I can hold Max and then leave wanting another baby even more than I do. You're so lucky you're at the end of the pregnancy road!

Tamara said...

First of all you look amazing! I can't believe you're due so soon!

Second, is it wrong that I can barely will myself to look away from the desserts you made? Can I at least blame the pregnancy?