Thursday, April 17, 2008

Max, Swimming, The Santa Ana Zoo and Grandma Lorelei

So I am realizing that it is hard to get a good picture of a newborn. This has been confirmed by most people that have seen him in person- they have all said that he is much cuter in person leading me to believe that the pictures I have posted on here must not be very cute! I guess you will all just have to make a trip out here to see him and see what he really looks like!!!

Last week Jake and Nathan went swimming with their cousins out at my mom's house. They swam for hours and are both doing really well with kicking and paddling with their arms, though they aren't quite ready to do it without their life jackets on yet. Maybe next Summer!

Tuesday Jon had the day off so we took the kids to the Santa Ana Zoo. For those of you that have been there, you can understand why 2 hours there is more than enough time! There were hardly any animals, except for a few monkeys and birds, but the boys still thought it was pretty fun. I just wasn't up to walking around the San Diego Zoo yet, but I think we will have to take the boys there sometime soon and let them see what a 'real' zoo is like!
There were a lot of statues of animals that Jake and Nate were pretty excited about!

They had this little train that went around the zoo. Jake and Nathan were really excited to ride it with Grandma Lorelei!


Max and I had on coordinating colors today so we had to take a picture! I had my 2 week post-partum appointment today and everything seems to be healing up nicely. I brought Max with me and everyone at the office was really excited to see him. I guess when you have appointments twice a week for the last 10 weeks of your pregnancy you really develop friendships with these people! I also took Max to Jon's office today to show him off and they all thought he was pretty cute!
Jon's mom, Grandma Lorelei, has been here all week helping with Jake and Nathan. Let's just say that they are going to be really sad when she leaves tomorrow because she is a lot more fun than me! The boys have loved the constant attention- she is a great grandma and has been very helpful this week. We are all going to miss her when she leaves.
My mom, Grandma Juli, helped all last week and while I was in the hospital the weekend before which was so nice. I'm worried that come Monday morning when Jon goes to work and all of my help is gone, it is going to be a rude awakening for me. I don't know how I am going to handle all of these boys, but I guess my help can't last forever! My sister, Christy, is having her baby tomorrow so my mom will be on duty to watch her 5 girls!

This is our attempt at getting a family picture of the five of us! It pretty much sums up our life right now!!!

15 comments:

Molly said...

You guys are so cute and you look so good Sarah! I'm so impressed that you went on an outing to the zoo, looks like it was fun. We're still in the hospitla and I'm getting a little bit nervous about having all three kids at home... should be interesting. You have given me hope, you look great and everyone looks so happy! I think Max is very cute in the pictures so i can't imagine how cute he must be in real life!

Heather said...

Wow! What a fun week! I love the pic with your boys and all of Christy's girls. I can't imagine how Christy's little boy is going to feel with five sisters!

I had fun at lunch and shopping the other day. We're leaving tomorrow. I'm feeling a little better today. Still feel like I was run over by a truck! It probably doesn't compare to giving birth though ;).

Max is so cute in pictures and in person. He's such a good baby. I'm glad you're enjoying the newborn phase.

Becky said...

max is so cute. i don't know how he could look any cuter in real life. i can't wait to see him next month. when are you going to bless him?

you look like you didn't even just have a baby. whatever you still look pregnant. that is a huge lie. you look great. it's amazing how fast your body bounces back.

lorelie seems like such a great gma. i am sure she loves spending time with your boys, and i bet you love the break. maybe i should quitmy job and be your live-in nanny. no, that wouldn't work, zac would miss me too much. who would make his peanut butter and jelly sandwiches everyday?

very cute blog. i love all the pictures. keep em'coming. more pictures of you with max. those ones just melt my heart.

rebecca said...

whatever! max is so stinkin' cute and i hope we get to see you guys when we come out soon!!!

Tonya said...

it's not that he isn't cute in the pictures, he totally is. it's just that he is fantastically darling in person. i can't believe how out and about you are! you are amazing.

Janae said...

Sarah, I can't believe you are already up and running. You look great! I guess there really isn't much time for sitting around with three boys. I loved your post about loving this baby because I feel the same way. I guess I have realized how fast they grow and want to savor this sweet innocent stage.

Meggan said...

I think he is super cute in the pictures so I can't imagine him getting much better. I love the one of you and him. Of course you are coordinating. That is just a Sarah trademark.

The Santa Ana zoo is the worst! I can't wait until you take them to the San Diego Zoo. They will be blown away.

I'll email you this week and maybe I can take Nathan while Jake is at school one morning.

cat said...

max is a gorgeous baby - i can't wait to see him in person. we are leaving for disneyland tomorrow!
you look beautiful (as usual) and out of control already going out to the zoo. see you SOON!!!

Melanie said...

Wow! Sarah, I can't believe you walked around a zoo! You are so brave. I don't want to even attempt that yet. You look great though and it's good to hear you guys are doing well.

Andrea said...

I am glad you had a great time with Lorelei, I am sure she loved being there. I think Max looks pretty dang cute in the pictures but I am excited to see him in person. You look awesome!! I am dying to wear normal clothes!! How did things go with Christy?? Hopefully good. Love the family picture, I have a feeling that is how all of ours will look for the next little while.

Missy said...

Sarah! You look so good. Seriously, you never looked fully 9 months pregnant to me and now he is here...

He looks just like Nathan (right?). SO cute. I can't want to see him in person too. Can we all get together one of these days?

Jen said...

Great post Sarah! I can't believe how much you've done already in just the 2 weeks since max was born. You must have a ton of energy.

The Staffieri Family said...

Fun pictures! You look great, like you never even had a baby. Not fair! Looks like you are adapting well. Max is adorable!

Nuestra Familia said...

The picture of you and Max is so adorable, you look great. Taking family pictures is close to impossible for us,when the two older ones cooperate the little one is running around.

Tamara said...

Your little family is so cute. Max is just adorable so if he's even cuter in person, you're a lucky mom!