Sunday, May 18, 2008

Father and Sons Campout

Jon took Jake and Nathan to Father & Sons this weekend. They got to the campground on Friday afternoon and set up their tent and then the boys ran around and played for a while. A campfire was then started and Jon helped the boys make Smores, although all they really wanted to eat were the marshmellows! They finally went to bed around 10:00 and Jon got to sleep flat on his back all night with a little boy snuggling up to each side of him- does life get any better?!!!


The next morning they had breakfast and then had an egg toss with the leftover eggs! (This was all Jake could talk about when he got home!) They then loaded up the car and headed home. The boys had such a fun time camping with their dad and I can't wait until Max is old enough and Jon can take all 3 of them!!!

10 comments:

Becky said...

i love both your posts, the one about nathan's bday and the campout. it' s been a while since i've checked your blog. it was a pleasant surprise. love ya. your boys are adorable!

Tamara said...

What cute boys you have! That is when it pays off to have all boys, when dad can take ALL THE KIDS to the father and sons campout and mom will have a whole day and a half off!

Melanie said...

That's really cute. What a good Dad. Hope you got a little bit of R&R, even though you still had baby Max. Billy's been talking of taking Emily and Jacob camping next month. I should really encourage him to go! :)

Johanna said...

Sounds like a lovely weekend! I can't wait to meet these boys!

Heather said...

What a nice break for Mom! Looks like the guys had a great camping trip.

Nat Lud said...

That is so sweet! (And what a peaceful weekend for you!) I can't wait until Jer takes Bubba. The boys sure look like they had a great time!

Robyn said...

It looks like they had a lot of fun. I can't wait to see how Trent likes it next year. What good little campers your boys are! Jon is a great dad for taking them!

cat said...

man, your boys are so dang cute. and i love the father-son weekends, they are the best!!!

Jen said...

How great! See, something to look forward too having all boys!

Tonya said...

I'm impressed with the quality of the photos. I need to get the pics off Stacy's camera. I haven't bothered because they aren't that good! Haha. He has many talents, but taking photos is NOT one of them. Anyway, when we send all of these boys to the father and son's we should go to dinner together or something!