Saturday morning was the family reunion breakfast and activities. They had a bunch of games set up for the kids while the adults had a family meeting and auction. Jake and Nathan thought the games were fun, but enjoyed just running around even more!
My dad bought this ridiculous moose head at the auction for $60! He hung it up in the cabin and realized that this might have been a big mistake- it's so huge!
A close-up of Bob and George(what the moose is affectionately known as)!
After the reunion we began our trek home. We stopped in Kaysville to visit Jon's Grandpa Ernie. It was fun to see him and to get to sit and talk for a little bit. He was so nice to have food for lunch and popsicles that the kids were pretty excited about. We got to hear some war stories about when he fought in WWII and also stories about how he met and fell in love with Jon's grandma. He is a great man and we can't wait to visit him again!
We then drove to Delta where we spent the night. Jon's mom gave Jake some fun birthday gifts all of which included animals and/or ABCs- his two favorite things!
All week the flu spread throughout almost everyone at the cabin, but somehow our family escaped it. Sunday morning I woke up and realized that maybe we weren't as lucky as we thought. I was feeling pretty nauseous and Jon wasn't feeling too great either. We had to get home so we decided to just get in the car and go. It turned into a nightmare trip. I was pretty much hunched over and throwing up while trying to keep the kids happy the whole time. We ran into a lot of traffic and then just outside of Barstow they shut the entire I-15 down due to a major accident. So we sat there in the 110 degree heat for an hour and a half while they sent in 3 life flight helicopters. It was so miserable, but eventually we made it home and Jon and I were feeling a lot better by the next morning. Our kids never got sick- we think it's because of all of the dirt they intake- it's building up their immune system!
We're not sure why Nathan put the letter 'N' on his head- I think he was pretty bored!
Everyone on the freeway was out of their cars and hanging out- not my idea of a good time.
Alright- I think that's it! It's been hard to get back to normal, but I think we are about there. Until our next vacation...
12 comments:
Wow, you have been doing a lot of traveling. Sorry to hear you had to endure that heat and traffic and being under the weather to boot! ugh!
All five takes were SO fun and cute! I personally wouldn't mind a few more! :) I don't know why but that picture of Nathan with the letter on his head really cracked me up! What an incredibly miserable ride home! ick! Can't wait to see you again!
Wow! Your trip was so much fun, minus the ride home. Sorry you felt so bad. Glad the rest of the trip was full of family and good memories. It is always nice to get back home and back to normal though.
Your family picture looked really good! :)
Oh, Sarah, that is awful. We got so lucky driving home yesterday. It only took us 10 1/2 hours from SLC. Traffic wasn't bad at all. Traffic+sick parents=horrible. So sorry.
Seriously! You have the craziest trips home lately. I just can't believe you were stuck in traffic that long. You guys are troopers! Glad the vacation was awesome though. Jer will get a kick out of that moose head!
I loved your vacations posts! Sounds like you had a ton of fun!
It was great to see you guys for a little while and catch up briefly. The moose head looks great on the wall! Hope everyone is feeling better. - Whitney
Family vacations are so fun, especially with Bob and Julie! What a super fun time for the kids and adults... I cannot believe how incredibly huge your family has become in just a decade. I love looking at all of the pictures. Thanks for sharing!
So sorry about the car ride. That sounds absolutely awful.
Well the car ride sounds like a disaster but the rest of the trip seems like it couldn't have been better. It's amazing to see your family all grown up and everyone with kids and stuff. CRAZY!
I am behind on all of these posts. Looks like a great trip. Love the family pic, you all look so cute. You also look very cute in the one withe Max in the backpack. Sorry the ride home was awful but it looks like you all had a good time. We will have to meet at Temple Square in the winter for the Christmas lights. Hope things are getting back to normal now that you are home. I will try to call you soon.
What a fun vacation! Looks like you guys stayed very busy. Cute family pictures!! I can't believe how big Max is alreay. He is darling!
Holy smokes Sarah! You guys are vacation machines this summer. I love it. It makes for such fun times (and blogging). I love the photo of you with the racoon eyes, I've totally had that before.
Your boys really are the cutest Sarah!
Post a Comment