August has been sort of nice to just be home and hang out. Here's what we've been up to...

The boys love swimming, but due to the fact that EVERY TIME we swim Jake goes to the bathroom in his swim diaper at least 3 times, I've decided to be done with swimming for the Summer. There's only so much kicking and screaming while trying to change him and everyone staring at us that I can take! So I blew up their little pool in the backyard and created our own waterslides. We had to return our big waterslide thing from last year since when we pulled it out this summer their were big tears in it- bummer.
1,2,3, Go! Too bad they're both landing in the same spot!
We were bored one afternoon so I set up a little treasure hunt for the boys and buried the 'treasure' in the sandbox outside. I think we did it at least 10 times!
Carli had her Senior pictures scheduled, but then my mom had to go to Arizona to help Becky. So Christy and I got her all ready to go and she looked so pretty! The actual pictures turned out really well.

I looked around my house one day after my sister's 6 kids and mine had been playing and I just had to take a picture to capture just how messy my house can get. At least they all had fun!
Fire fighters to the rescue! I've been doing a little scrapbooking camp with some of my nieces and my other niece, Hadley has been helping watch Jake and Nate. She is so good with them and they love all of the attention!
The boys spend a lot of time playing in the backyard. I looked out there one day to find them giving each other piggy back rides!

Jon was so excited to take the boys to an Angel's game. We put on their Angel's shirts and hats and were on our way. Everything was going well until we went to sit down in our seats. As soon as Jake saw the huge crowds and heard the loud noises he was done. He freaked out and started running back down the ramp and out of the stadium! We took turns sitting out with him for about an hour before we decided to just call it quits and go home. I think we can now confirm that Jake doesn't like big crowds or loud noises! Definitely an Autistic tendency, but the doctors still don't think he has Autism. We may never figure this kid out.

Nathan stayed in his seat, but was pretty bored after a few minutes. He pretty much just colored on Jon's i-phone the whole time. Maybe in a few years the boys will have more fun at the ball games with dad!

Last Saturday night my best friend from high school, Heather, and her husband, Brian, were in town so we got a babysitter for Jake and Nate and went out to dinner with them. It was really fun to just sit and talk and eat good food. They are in the process of adopting a baby from Ethiopia and we can't wait until it works out and they get a baby. They will be awesome parents!
I've already discussed my issues with matching the boys, but you may not realize that I also like to have us all coordinate on Sundays! We went with the orange theme last week and I thought the boys looked so handsome in their new vests! Jon's a good sport to always go along with it!
We may never get a perfect picture of the 3 boys together, but ones like these are priceless!
Hard to tell who has the biggest head!
Nevermind that I have to make 16 scrapbooks for our ward's mini youth conference this Saturday or make 10 family home evening packets by next week, reading this book was definitely a priority this last week! I finally finished it last night and I felt that parts of it dragged on a little too long, but overall I really liked it. Kind of sad that the saga is over.
And that's what's been going on here this month. School starts in 2 weeks from today and I am excited, nervous and sad all at the same time. I need to do some school shopping and get Jake ready for Kindergarten and Nathan ready for preschool! Hard to believe my kids are that old!
10 comments:
All I have to say is you're amazing! I love that you always match! I can't believe Jake will be in kindergarten! How weird, but fun. Love ya!
SO many fun things. Your boys are so cute! You do such great things with your kids. You are always coming up with clever activities for them to be involved in. And I like the color theme :) I cannot believe your boys are old enough to go to school either! Sure do love ya!
I love the Sunday pics of the boys - especially Max - his smile is so cute!!
i just LOVE those dimples on baby max! i feel the same way about the kids starting school.kinda fun/kinda sad. sounds like you guys are taking advantage of the few weeks you have left. i love the way you do the matching outfits all the time!
Hi Sarah and Jon! It was so fun to hang out with you the other night! I wish we lived closer so we could go to dinner more often. Brian and Jon seem kind of similar, minus being Mormon, but still. Pretty funny ;).
Love the pics of the boys. You're a Super Mom, Sarah, and I hope you realize that! I will be asking you for advice when we finally (feels like it's going to take forever!) start our family.
Looks like you have been having a fun month. Great that you get to use some of your scrapbooking stuff, awesome that you can wear your gradutaion dress (I wouldn't even attempt that right now), love the boys vests. Good luck with the school shopping. The girls start Monday, it is time, this week has made that all too clear. Really will try to call you soon... would Sunday be good??
LOve the new table, i don't know if I noticed before. Your boys are seriously edible and i love the vests. LOve, lOVE, LOVE!
the orange is so dang cute.
carly looks SO beautiful. i can't believe that she is a senior!
i am totally ready for fall, and then when i think about freds being gone all day i kinda want to cry!
sounds like a well spent month. we are heading down there tomorrow and are so excited. zac can't wait to watch the byu football game on saturday. is jon down for that? i hope so. maybe we should leave them with the boys and go get our nails done or go to a movie. that would be fun huh? see ya soon!
I love how you dress the boys in matching outfits. Too cute.
Post a Comment