Sunday, September 14, 2008

Firsts

About a month ago I was at the church for a Young Womens activity and I got a text from Jon telling me that Max rolled over for the first time! I was sad that I missed it, but it was pretty cute when I got home and he did it for me to see. He usually only rolls from his back to his stomach and then stays on his stomach. I decided to start laying him on his stomach at night and ever since he sleeps 12 hours a night! I have to wake him up to take Jake to school at 9:15 every morning and he goes to bed around 8:00 or 9:00 at night. I seriously love this kid!

Nathan had his first day of preschool last week. After watching Jake go to school everyday for the past 2 years, Nathan was more than ready for it to be his turn. I dropped him off and teared up a little thinking about how bittersweet it is to watch your kids grow up. It was weird being home with just Max- way too quiet! When I picked him up his teacher said that he did great and Nathan seemed to really like it. Hopefully the rest of the year continues to go well!

Jake had his first soccer game on Saturday. He was so excited to play and he did so well. I think he literally ran the entire game chasing the ball wherever it went. He scored 2 goals and seems to really be getting the hang of the game.
Afterwards all of the parents make a tunnel and the kids run through it. I think Jake ran through a few times! Here's to a great season!

13 comments:

Cortney said...

I cried dropping Roxie off at playgroup! She was so cute with her little backpack on...it just felt like the beginning of the end! Max is seriously edible! And here's to sleeping on your stomach!

JT said...

Sarah, your boys are So cute! I love the pic of Nathan all ready to go to school :) And congrats to Jake! This experience definitely makes up for last one!!

Molly said...

I can't get Zac to roll from his back to his front but he will roll the other way. I love all the little milestones and I am soo impressed with the sleep your little man is giving you, so unfair! I'm glad Nathan loved school, I am sure he will do well. Conrats to Jake on a great first game. Hayden played soccer for three seasons and never scored a goal, we're not playing soccer again for a while!

Heidi said...

All we have to say is we love your kids! Each of them are so stinking cute! Way to go Jake! I am pretty sure I never scored a goal in any of the soccer games I played. hmm. Nathan looks adorable all ready for school - crazy he is old enough now! And, way to go Max! Anyway, what a fun post! OH and Annie and I are having a debate about an "Office" episode and request your help. We were watching "Dwight and Jim" best moments - the episode they're taping a mtg for Michael. What exactly does Andy say because Annie's hearing makes NO SENSE!!! So let us know what you think, if you get a chance to watch it soon! :) Thanks! PS In answer to Jon's question, yes, we HAVE always been this funny! HA!

Tonya said...

Doesn't it seem like that junk always happens? We spend 166 hours a week with these kids and the two hours we are gone, they do something remarkable. Darn.

I am SOO jealous that he sleeps so much at night! My kids have never, ever done that. They still don't!!

I love it that Kaleb and Nathan are in the same class! So fun. See you tomorrow!!

Nat Lud said...

Wow! Such fun stuff. Max is so adorable. I'm loving those cheeks. So cute.

Heather said...

Nathan is getting so big! He looks so adorable in his school clothes. When I think of him I think, whiz kid... ha ha. Such a smart, inquisitive kid.

Looks like Jake is having so much fun playing soccer! You should take a video and post it here. I'd love to watch a little of his game. Little kids playing soccer are so cute.

Can't believe how quickly Max is growing into his little kid body. Congrats on rolling over! Love his cute face.

Andrea said...

Max looks adorable in that picture, Nate so grown up with his little backpack, and Jake so excited in the tunnel. I have to say those 3 boys are pretty stinkin cute!

Whitney said...

Hooray for sleeping babies! They are all so cute. And, how fun that Max has all those boy cousins to pal around with/get in trouble with!

Robyn said...

All 3 of your boys are growing up so fast! You have a lot going on this year busy mama! I'm so glad they're all loving school and Max is such a good sleeper. Not only must it be nice for you, but it allows for our morning runs as well, which is most important-ha!

Megan said...

What great kids.

cat said...

seriously? that max is a dream. i think he and edie would be perfect together. can you imagine how perfect their wedding would be with you and me...
way to go jake on the soccer! 2 goals is awesome!
nathan looks so excited in that picture. ali is still mad that he isn't going to school!

Annie and Heidi said...

Way to go to get Christy's blog going! :) I have been wondering if she would ever start one! Did you think up the "Dayton Bunch?" Because that is SO CUTE! Hope things are going well! Love ya! Heidi