Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Happy New Year 2009!

So I'm finally getting around to posting our New Year's pictures. I figure that there's not much going on in January so I have time to play a little catch-up! New Year's Eve was spent at my parent's house for our annual soup in a bread bowl game playing celebration. There were about 65 people there between my siblings and cousins and all of our kids. It was crazy, but a lot of fun!

This is Jake trying his best to smile for the camera! We've learned that we have to just get him to laugh to get a good picture. I'm not sure what Nathan is doing!

Towards the end of the night we broke out a pinata for the kids. They had fun breaking it open and then it was a mad frenzy trying to get all of the candy that they could!


I don't think Nathan took this hat off the entire night!

At about 9:45 we watched the ball drop in Times Square (that we recorded earlier) and everyone went home and went to bed so that we could get up early for the Rose Parade.

Here's to a great year in 2009!

New Year's day we woke up early and headed up to Pasadena for the Rose Parade. I think I've only missed two Rose Parades in 30 years! It's a tradition I've grown up with and it's fun to continue it with our children.

Max and Will hung out and tried to eat anything they could get their hands on!

Jake and Nathan both loved spraying silly string on everyone they saw (even if we didn't know them)!

Before the parade starts we always play football in the street. Jake and Nate got in on the action this year.

During the parade Jake stood up by Carli and they were so cute together. I think they both got equally excited seeing all of the floats, bands and horses that went by!

We love Aunt Carli!

It got pretty hot so Jon was trying to keep the sun off of Max. It's a good look, Jon!
Happy New Year!

8 comments:

Whitney said...

Great pics! Was so fun to see all of you for the festivities!

Annie and Heidi said...

So fun! New Year's at your parent's house always great! Those pictures of Jake and Carli were adorable!

Heather said...

Aw, I love the picture of Jon shading Max. What a good Dad ;).

Oh, the Rose Parade! What fun! Sounds like your parents house was a zoo. Wish we could have stopped by to see everyone this year. Hopefully next year!

Bethany said...

It was fun! I didn't have my camera New Years Eve so please don't be surprised when you see your pics on my blog. :<)

Robyn said...

Great pictures! It looks like you had a lot of fun. I love that picture of Carli and Jake. She really is the sweetest.

Becky said...

you are a super hero. tonight zac and i were talking about what we liked most about each of our siblings. the first thing that popped into my mind about you was how you always put everyone else first. you really are so unselfish and so willing to help anyone. ie. my amazing new blog layout. i love it. it's fabulous. thanks for being such a great sis. i love you!
jakes smile is amazing in that first pic. i love the cheese all over his face especially.

Andrea said...

I love all of your families traditions. Great idea celebrating the New Year early and having a pinata, fun for the kids. Looks like a good time.

Missy said...

Your family is the best! I loved the Idol photos (right as I'm about to catch up on the real American Idol). So glad you guys tied too and made some money.

I love the photo of Max sleeping on Jon. Max and Will are going to be best friends!