Thursday, January 29, 2009

It's Official!

We are now the proud owners of a dental practice!!! To celebrate the big day we made signs and hung them all over the house and sang "For He's a Jolly Good Fellow" when Jon walked in the door from work. Christy's kids were here so they helped make signs and joined in on the celebration! The practice is in San Clemente and so if you're willing to drive down there Jon would love to treat you! We are so grateful that everything worked out and are excited for the adventure ahead of us!

Congratulations, Jon!!!

25 comments:

Kristen said...

I could use a great dentist right now, too bad Minnesota isn't just a days drive to California! Congratulation Jon and Family! We are very proud of you!!!!!

Cortney said...

"I'm a big kid now!!" So exciting.

Nat Lud said...

That is so awesome! We are so happy for you guys! We're still wanting to come check it all out! Congrats, guys!

josieposie said...

So happy (and jealous) for you guys! I am looking forward to my blog post about the very same thing.

Meggan said...

Oh, what? Yay! That is such great news. And that is a ton of kids in the last picture! Congrats is definitely in order. I might drive down there. I am not liking my dentist at all!

Wendy said...

Wow, congratulations! I didn't even know you guys were looking to buy a practice. Shows how out of the loop I am. That's awesome though. I'm so excited for you guys!!! I think I have a cavity and I'll be there next month, ummm... Dr. Draper?

Heather said...

CONGRATULATIONS! Just called ya to say congrats, but I'm sure you'll be busy all weekend with the kiddos and getting ready for this super exciting adventure ahead of you! Too bad we don't live down there. Brian had 17 cavities during his last visit. He'd be Jon's best patient! I still want teeth whitening! Good luck. We're so happy for you. What a relief!

Whitney said...

How exciting for all of you! Congratulations!

cat said...

wuhoo!!! i am so glad for you guys! what a relief to have it over and done with and for jon to do whatever he wants with the practice. congrats.
and i am lovin' the family pictures in the previous post. you guys are such a beautiful family.

Molly said...

Congratulations! That is so exciting. We hope that it goes very well.

Melanie said...

Wow! Congratulations!! Hope it all works out well for you guys.

Someday I hope we'll grow up too! :)

Becky said...

what do you mean by treat? jk that is so awesome. i bet you guys are just ecstatic. good luck with everything. i am sure he will be great.

Missy said...

Wait. Are you serious?? It's in San Clemente?? I haven't been to the dentist in a year because I haven't found one around here. This is the BEST news ever. Where is it?

And of course, congrats on the practice! That is huge.

Marie said...

That is super exciting! Congrats, Jon!

Annie and Heidi said...

YAY!!! We are so excited! I (Heidi, that is) seriously will be frequenting (infrequently, that is) your practice because I don't have a dentist at this point. I know the last time you touched my teeth you were pretty grossed out but they're not that bad these days. :) So, are you up for it?

Johanna said...

CONGRATS, JON!!

Andrea said...

I am happy it is all working out. I think it sounds great, Congrats!! Very cute idea to make all of the signs and stuff, you are always good about that.

Robyn said...

Yeah Jon!! San Clemente is not far away at all. And who wouldn't want to drive to the beach every time they have to visit the dentist? It will automatically put them in a nice, peaceful mood. I had to drive to the DMV down there a couple of weeks ago and I was all tense and dreading it, but as soon as I saw the ocean, I just felt peaceful and good inside. That's how people will feel when they go see Jon. I really should do some p.r. work for him.

San Clemente is way closer than Murrietta. Should I switch dentists? Tell Jon he can do dental work on me and I'll run in the mud run for him. I know that's not a fair trade, but tell him it's no big deal, I'm happy to do that for him.

Elizabeth said...

Congratulations!! That is awesome news! So I guess this means you won't be moving back to Utah anytime soon... Love, cousin Liz

Sunny said...

Congrats you guys!! We are so excited for you. And anyone looking for a dentist - Jon is awesome!

Tamara said...

Oh my gosh! That's such big news. Congratulations to you guys. That's amazing.

Tamara said...

Oh my gosh! That's such big news. Congratulations to you guys. That's amazing.

Emily said...

Congratulations!!!

Jen Rose said...

I don't have a blog account so I am using my Sister in laws - but I just wanted to tell you both how excited we are for you! This has been so fun to read about your family through your blog! But, I couldn't let this post go w/out telling you congradulations!!! All your time and sacrifice have finally paid off! Cute kids too!!
Hayley Rose

Steve and Rebecca said...

Congrats!!! That is SOOO exciting!!! What a fun Valentine's Day party too!! Robyn Tibbits brother (Andy) is in our ward and use to live in our house. They bought a house up the street from us. I think our street has 10 LDS families on it now. Your blinds look like my kitchen table...oh what would I do without Magic Eraser!