We had fun celebrating Valentine's Day this year. Nathan was pretty excited about all of the candy and cards he got at his preschool party. Unfortunately, Jake got strep throat and had to miss his party. I'm sure he'll be pretty excited when he gets his Valentine's on Tuesday when he goes back to school!
The boys received so many fun Valentine's from family and friends this year. Aunt Heidi and Aunt Annie sent Valentine cards and sugar cookies complete with a can of frosting and sprinkles so the boys could decorate them. It's a tradition in our family to decorate sugar cookies for every holiday so it was nice to not have to make the cookies this year. Thanks Annie and Heidi!
On Valentine's Day the Valentine Fairy visited the boys rooms and left presents on their pillows. Jake got animals and candy and Nathan got a new game and candy. Max just got a box of candy to shake- he's pretty easy to please!
Please notice the crayon drawn all over their blinds- haven't even tried to tackle that mess yet.
That night Jon and I went out. Jon planned the whole night and it was so fun. We started out going to to new little Italian restaurant that Jon found. It was so good- we'll definitely be going back there. During dinner Jon kept handing me little gifts. He gave me a homemade card, a box of my favorite Rocky Mountain mint chocolates, a Golden Spoon t-shirt (LOVE IT!) and a poem with a $100 bill in it. The poem said that I had to spend the money on myself that night and that whatever was left over I had to give back so I better spend it all! Jon even said that he would act excited about whatever I was looking at or trying on and that he wouldn't complain at all! It was so cute of him, but I was feeling bad that Valentine's Day was supposed to be fun for both of us. So I gave him the option of going shopping or watching a movie about shopping! He chose the movie so we went and saw Confessions of a Shopaholic- it was really cute. Thanks, Jon for sitting through that with me! We ended the date off with a trip to Target which is always a treat when I don't have the kids with me. It was such a fun date and if you're wondering, I still have the $100 bill in my wallet! Don't worry, I'll be using it on diapers, wet wipes and formula at Costco tomorrow!
HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!!!
8 comments:
Happy belated Valentine's Day to you and Jon and the boys! You're so cute with your red, shiny shirt. Love the story about the $100. Glad Jon is being so generous with your money. ha ha!
Happy Valentine's Sarah! I have to say that just use one of the Mr Clean erasers and it will get the crayon right off!
Jon, you are making it impossible for your friends to keep up!! Don't stop though, maybe they/he will eventually clue in :) Glad you had a great day. Have always loved that shirt. Sorry about the blinds, I agree with magic eraser idea.
I love that you always makes holidays so fun. You even dress for the occasion! Way to go Jon on a romantic evening!!
You're breaking the rules... however I know that usually we end up spending our fun money on our little ones and to us..that is fun too! The boys look very creative with their crayon drawings! ;-)
Good job Jon. Where was the Italian restaurant?
Jack is on my lap as we are looking at your blog. Here are his comments, "Oh, Nathan is cute in that one, oh Jake is cute, Oh Nathan's mom is cute." I thought it was cute, but let's not tell Rob that Jack is using the word "cute."
seriously hot couple!
love seeing pictures of your kids...and your house. i love your style.
um...did you get my message on facebook?
Post a Comment