Jon's parents came down for the weekend which was so much fun since we don't get to see them very often. Friday we all went to Disneyland and California Adventure. The boys loved having their Grandma and Grandpa there to ride all of the rides with. They wanted nothing to do with riding with Jon or me! The weather was perfect and it was just a really fun day.
You might notice us holding up a little paper doll in some of the pictures. Our nephew sent us Flat Stanley and we are supposed to take him with us wherever we go and take pictures with him. Flat Stanley got to ride a lot of fun rides!
Grandpa Ron and Nathan driving the bumper cars.
These little seats in Bug Land were so cute!
We rode a bunch of rides and then got their famous corndogs for lunch. After eating Grandpa Ron and Jake enjoyed listening to a little band that was playing.
Max started to get really fussy and tired and so Lorelei sang and rocked him until he fell asleep- something neither Jon nor I have ever been able to do while he is in our arms! He slept for a good 45 minutes or so. Unfortunately we forgot sunscreen and put the sweatshirt over his head a little late resulting in a lovely sunburn on the left side of his cheek!
Nathan wanted to ride the Tower of Terror ride so we decided to let him try it. I was a little worried that he was going to be scared and freak out, but he ended up loving it. I just told him that the Twilight Zone movie thing was silly and not scary and he actually believed me! What a brave little kid!
When we were done with California Adventure we headed over to Disneyland. The kids were pretty tired by this point but we really wanted to ride a few of the rides over there. We went straight to Small World since it just recently reopened, but the line was way too long and the kids were losing it. So we just went and rode the Tea Cups and the the Merry-Go-Round and decided to call it a day.
Nathan was really cute and wanted to hold Max's hand the whole time. Max's head really isn't bigger than Nathan's, I think it's just the angle- or at least I hope it is!
We then took the kids home and left them with a babysitter while Jon's parents treated us to a delicious dinner down in San Clemente at Beachfire Grill. We stopped and showed them Jon's new office on the way which they were really excited to see.
Saturday morning we went to Jake's baseball game. He was so excited to have everyone there to cheer him on. He kept look over at the stands where we were sitting with a huge smile on his face. He played a great game- he had two good hits (without the tee) and fielded quite a few balls. I love this picture of Grandma and Jake after the game!
The rest of the day Saturday was spent working on a project in the backyard (pictures to come). Jon and I went to run an errand and when we got back Lorelei had dismantled our entire swingset all by herself! It was pretty old and rusty and had seen it's last day so we'll be taking it to it's final resting place at the dump this week. We ended the day with a little Inn-n-Out and then they left early Sunday morning to drive back to Utah for the Draper temple dedication.
Overall we had a fun weekend with Grandma Lorelei and Grandpa Ron and we can't wait until we get to see them again!
16 comments:
What a fun weekend! It's amazing how much fun grandparents can be! :)
Loved the St. Patrick's Day pictures too. The boys all looks so cute! I'm sure the boys enjoyed their green food.
What a fun weekend with the grandparents! How nice of her to take apart your old swing set. I can't wait to see you new one! The boys are going to love it...and so will the Joy School kids!!! I love how happy Max looks on the Merry go Round! Your boys look so happy with their grandparents!
That is the best picture of the boys holding hands on the carousel. Max is so happy I can't stand it.
Grandparents are the best. Just reading about your trip to CA Adventure/ Disneyland exhausted me. I cannot believe Nathan went on the Twilight Zone Tower of Terror. I hate that ride! Oh my gosh, my stomach sank just thinking about it. That was the worst ride hands down. Nathan is a trooper. He didn't cry, just a little? I feel like a wuss now. Love the pictures Sarah. Cutest family ever.
Sounds fun! WE love Disneyland. Too bad you didn't get to go on Smallworld, I'm interested about what they added to it. I'm anxious to see your backyard project, sounds fun! Grandparents are so fun to have around, we just got back from St. George seeing ours!
Looks like so much fun! I can't believe Nathan went on Tower of Terror. I hate that ride! I have anxiety attacks just thinking of it.
Looks like so much fun!!!
Oh to have Disneyland at your fingertips. Glad to hear this trip turned out a lot better then last time? It probably helps having extra hands to entertain and keep track of everyone? Seeing how crowded it got at Disney World, wow...we only had two to keep track of. It looked like a great time all together. Did I mention how great you look! Wow... mom of three lookin' good, lookin' good!
Looks like a fun time!! We were just there last week with Steve's mom and her husband too!
So fun! That makes me want to take Nathan (and the girls) to Disneyland. What a brave boy Nathan was to go on Tower of Terror...that ride is Anna and Aimee's favorite.
What a great weekend. Grandparents are the BEST!
That looks like so much fun. Isn't it great when family from out of town comes to entertain the kids? I need to make an excuse to go to disneyland with you guys!
I can't believe Nathan went on Tower of Terror! I am super impressed!! Max looks super cute on the carousel. And we would love to come to one of Jake's games. HOpefully sooner than later. Rachel starts t-ball soon and then we'll be juggling 2 games every Saturday. So let me know when the next one is please!
So fun - isn't it so great to have grandparents come visit? Your boys are so so so cute!!! Best smiles ever!
Your trip to Disneyland looks so fun. I think your boys are always happy!
We were delighted to catch a glimpse of Flat Stanley. Thank you!
They are great grandparents. Glad you had a good weekend. I can't believe Nate went on Tower of Terror. That is awesome! Hope your swingset it coming along. Good to talk to you!!
Aren't Grandmas wonderful! Dani never falls asleep in our arms either, but somehow, my mom always gets her to sleep. It must be a Little thing!
Post a Comment