Sunday, March 15, 2009

Jake's Jog-A-Thon

Friday Jake participated in his first Jog-a-thon! He started off running pretty fast for about two laps. He then started to get tired and wanted to walk for a while. I stepped in and ran a few laps with him and then Jon walked a few since he was in his work clothes and didn't want to get all sweaty! Jake's aide was awesome and ran right behind him most of the time. Nathan wanted to run a lap or two so I ran a few more with both of them. I didn't get to go running that morning since we had to get there so early to cheer Jake on, so I was more than happy to at least get a few laps in. I just wish I had dressed more appropriately and that I had brought water!

Go Jake, go!

Dad and Jake

Jake, Mom and Nathan

Ms. Andrus and Jake

The cheering squad- The Kindergarteners were supposed to wear red so Nathan, Max and I all wore red as well to show our support (Nathan's red shirt is under his sweatshirt)!

It's hard to see, but if you look closely Jake has 22 tally marks on his back which means he ran 22 laps in 30 minutes! I'm pretty sure he didn't actually run quite that many, but I was so proud of how well he did! Oh, and thanks to Jon's dental practice for sponsoring Jake at $2 a lap!!!

Later that day Jake had baseball practice. At the end of the practice the coach gave Jake the game ball from the previous game! The ball hog isn't on his team anymore and so Jake has been doing really well with fielding the ball when it's hit his way. They've also started pitching to the kids and Jake has had some really good hits. Way to go, Jake!!!

11 comments:

josieposie said...

Jake's a doll! ps I have Nathan's sweatshirt from that day, in case you are wondering where it is...

with love, r said...

Do you think the ball hog kid saw your blog and decided to quit the team? HA HA
You guys ALL look like you're having so much fun. Can't wait to see what you're up to next.

Sarah said...

Jon and I were joking about that too. We are pretty sure that he is playing in the regular league now. That is good for him. He is a good little player and that is better suited for him.

Robyn said...

Cute pictures. I love jog-a-thons! So proud of him for winning the game ball too! Go Jake!

Kristen said...

LoL... When I was reading your posts from before I started thinking, Oh my, I was think my child is the ball hog. Kaydree is so competative, not that she scores a ton, cause she gets a lot of assists, so that has to mean she is passing the ball, right? What a great idea to do Jog-a-thons, this is the first I have heard of it.

Nat Lud said...

What a little stud-muffin! Sounds like ya got a little athlete on your hands. Love these pics.

Heidi said...

How cute! Was the Jog-A-Thon just to earn money for the school? That's so fun! Jake is a little stud! :)

Heather said...

Congrats Jake! I would have sponsored him! Send me an email next time ;).

Love the pic with you holding hands with Jake and Nathan. What a cool, hip MOM on the jog-a-thon field!

Andrea said...

Looks like fun. I love how supportive you guys always are of each other. Jake is lucky to have such a great family there to cheer him on. He seriously is looking SO grown up, he is one handsome boy!

Marie said...

I love reading your blog! Your kids are so stinking cute, and it is so fun to see all the great things they are doing. I agree with Heather--you are such a hip mom!

shawna henrie said...

i love barcelona! they were so good to dane. we have lots of fond memories of his days there. dane participated in a "marathon" there too. it was held every week, where the kids ran a little at a time, then finished the last mile at the oc marathon. really fun, and dane can officially say he ran a 26 mile marathon!! your children are adorable!