Sunday, June 28, 2009

A Birthday, Father's Day and a Seizure

(Our laptop is broken thus the lack of blogging lately. I am on our desktop and I have no idea why it puts "Sarah's Pictures" on the bottom of every picture- I guess no one will be confused as to whose pictures these are!)

Thank you to everyone for your birthday wishes, presents, dinners, etc. I had such a fun birthday this year. The celebration started with going out to Beach Fire Grill with some of my closest friends. It was a lot of fun to just sit and talk and enjoy delicious food! Thanks Cortney and Josie for organizing it and for the princess balloons and tiara- you really know me well!!!

Friday night Jon took me out to dinner and a movie. We went to Savannah's Chop house and enjoyed steak and halibut. During dinner Jon got a phone call from a patient who had chipped her two front teeth and had a graduation party to got to that night. So of course Jon being the nice person that he is agreed to meet them in his office to put some bonding on. I ended up being his assistant and almost 2 hours later the girl looked as good as new! We then went to the later movie and saw The Proposal which I loved- such a cute, funny movie. It turned out being a fun night even though it didn't go exactly as we had planned!
Saturday I got a phone call at 7:30 in the morning from my mom telling me to come to the door. I went down there and found my mom, sisters and sister-in-law all standing there with a giant balloon kidnapping me to go to breakfast. I was so surprised! We went to Cinnamon Productions where I ordered my favorite thing in the whole world- Cinnamon Swirl French Toast. I seriously love it. It was so fun that they all went out of their way to get up early and take me out!

Sunday was my actual birthday and was also Father's Day. We were a little perplexed as to who was going to get the day off and who was going to get breakfast in bed, etc. We decided to just get up all together and make a nice breakfast and then share the duties for the day. Jon surprised me with the best gift. He published my blog from 2007! I have been wanting to do this for a long time, but haven't gotten around to it so I was really excited that Jon did it. He said he worked on it for about 15 hours! Hopefully this will get me motivated to do the next 2 years. I seriously love it. He also got me a new lens for our camera- another fun surprise!

After church on Sunday we went to Christy's house for a big family party. Everyone was so helpful which made it so nice for both Jon and me. Carli did her usual spotlight, but this time she stepped it up a notch and made a power point presentation on her new laptop that she got for graduation. We all look forward to our spotlights on our birthdays- they are a tradition in our family. Thanks, Carli for always doing such a great job and making us all feel so special!

My mom got me my favorite dessert- Linda's Fudge Cake from the Cheesecake Factory. The thing weighs about 30 pounds and is the richest, moistest, most delicious chocolate cake in the whole world!
Thanks to all of my family and friends for making turning 31 so fun!

We also celebrated Father's Day while at Christy's house. Jon is such a wonderful, fun dad and it is very evident that the boys love him a lot.

All of the older cousins organized games for the little kids such as "Daddy Says" and "Pin the Tie on Daddy" and they taught them Father's Day songs to sing to the dads. Here they are blowing a kiss at the end of one of the songs. It was so nice of them to entertain the little kids so that we didn't have to. We didn't have one problem with Jake the entire day!


My parents gave Jon a Dick's gift card and a Laker's Championship t-shirt! It was pretty funny when he opened it up seeing as though Jon hates the Lakers! He's starting to warm up to them a little since he's realizing that the Jazz stink and they may never win a championship!

I surprised Jon by getting him 12 mini authentic college football helmets to put up in his office. I think he was pretty excited since he is obsessed with college football and has already bought BYU season tickets for this year. That's right, he plans on flying up to at least 3 games this season- he is crazy!

We will definitely be going to the BYU v. Utah game in Provo- Jon can hardly wait!

Overall it was a fun day for both of us except for how it started out. About 4:30 Sunday morning Jake woke up with a raging fever and then had a bad seizure. It's always so sad to watch him go through this- I think Jon and I both cried this time, but we are at least glad that he is always okay and that he never remembers them. He hasn't had one since September so I guess he was due for one. I'm just hoping that the behavior medication we have him on isn't interacting with his seizure medication. The doctor doesn't seem to think so, but we'll see if he has any more. At least the rest of the day turned out to be fun!

10 comments:

Molly said...

I'm so sorry about Jakes Seizure, I cannot imagine how scary that would be. You guys handle it so well. Do you think the behavior medication is helping?

What an awesome birthday and father's day. I think it's great that Jon got season tickets, kind of funny too. My uncle in New Jersey buys season tickets every year and that's a little further to fly! I love the little helmets!

I told Andy about the published blog that Jon got you, that is awesome! What a great gift. What company did he use?

rebecca said...

you guys are always doing something fun, living by family is the best! happy late birthday.

josieposie said...

Wow, Jon got a Laker's Tshirt? I hope he didn't burn it or anything. And the Utah helmet... how is he going to feel when the U is #1 again? All that wasted money on flights and tickets to see a brutal team. Oh Jon, if only you were so lucky to be a Ute like me!

Andrea said...

What a fun birthday weekend, I think the day should last longer than the allotted 24 hour period. Ryan is coveting those helmets, but not the t-shirt. Don't do it Jon, do not cross over to the dark side!! :) Excited to see you guys!

Nat Lud said...

Sorry to hear about the seizure. It's always so hard to have a setback and realize how quickly things can change. I find that just when I get comfortable with Brea's current status something throws us through a loop! Hope he has another REALLY long break between them! Glad you guys had a great Father's Day and Birthday. You guys are a great couple. I'm laughing at the helmets--Jeremy has a whole wall of them in his office too! Glad ya bought season tickets--we did too and maybe we'll get to get together!

Aubrey Antis said...

YOURE ONLY 31?! ;)

Robyn said...

I'm so sorry about Jake's seizure. That is so scary. I know that must have been hard to watch.

That is so awesome that Jon published your blog!! I can't wait to see it in person. It looks really nice. He did a great job.

You guys really know how to celebrate birthdays in your family! That cake looks delicious.

Why did your parent's spend money on a shirt for someone who doesn't appreciate the greatest team of all time? I hope he feels the need to wear it someday.

Sounds like it was a dream birthday for you this year!

Tamara said...

I'm so glad you got sufficiently spoiled for your birthday. Heaven knows you deserved it.

your family is seriously so fun! i would SO love to have BYU tickets for the season. Enjoy!

Tonya said...

I'm glad you had a great birthday. Glad I was able to celebrate part of it with you. So sorry about Jake's seizure, I can't imagine the emotional toll they must take on you guys.

Heather said...

Oh, that blog book is so cool! I need to put one together. I started to do one last year and gave up. It was taking soooooo long to format and edit. Way to go Jon!

Love all the pics. Glad you had a fun bday!

Sorry to hear about Jake and his seizure. I'm glad he's okay. Poor little guy.