Jon and I ran the Mud Run down at Camp Pendleton yesterday morning. It was so much fun! It's a 10k which is 6.4 miles, but it's a crazy race. The first mile or two was spent standing and waiting to get through narrow passages since there were 4000 people running the race. It was frustrating because you would just be getting momentum and then you'd have to stop and wait again. Once we got through that and to the big hills, the mob separated out and then it was fine. We had to cross rivers, lakes, mud pools, climb over walls into mud, crawl through tunnels and mud pits, etc. all while the marines sprayed water on everyone periodically throughout the course!
Here is the clean before shot...
and here's the muddy after shot!
We took a disposable camera with us on the course so we could capture a little of what it's like. These pictures are horrible of us, but you get the idea!
There were several shallow rivers to cross...
Some were muddier than others...
Some were deeper and longer...
and the hills were out of control. They were spraying water at the top of this one creating a muddy stream going down the hill. I tried running up it but after falling a few times decided that I better just focus on getting to the top and not sliding back down!
This was Jon's first race ever and even though we were just running it for fun, Jon's caught the racing bug and wants to run more! We totally want to do the Mud Run again, but next time Jon wants to train a little harder so that I don't have to wait for him as much! Just kidding, Jon, I didn't have to wait that long at the finish line so that we could cross together!





13 comments:
That looks so fun!
Looks like y'all had fun! Maybe I should train and do it next year... hahhahahahahahah! I crack myself up.
You guys totally look like you're in boot camp or something! Looks way exciting and challenging. You guys are awesome!
I can't believe that river you have to swim through! That is crazy. You'll have to convince me to do it next year. That's really cool that you could do it together and finish together too. Way to go Jon!!
Way to go guys! That looked like so much fun. Maybe someday Derek and I will run a race together... someday!
That looks way more disgusting than the little mud run Ro and I ran in Monterey! Totally want to do that one next year! Congrats on finishing. Ro didn't have to wait too long for me at the finish line either. I feel for ya Jon ;).
LOVE IT!!! it looks like so much fun.
sarah. quick question for you. could you get ANY SKINNIER??? seriously?
you look amazing. skinny and beautiful.
love that jon took you away as well. i am sure that it was much needed and deserved.
and NO NO NO the girls trip is NOT OFF! PLEASE get to planning it. sarah? tammy?
That looks like a very fun race. Love all of the action shots, seriously your buff arms are awesome! Good job Jon, you could be on the Wasatch Back team next year....think about it.
What fun! Sarah, you look gorgeous, even after a race!!
Wow! I don't know if you could pay me to run through all that mud. Especially with it being so high in parts! :) It is fun to do stuff with your hubby, but I had never considered that! Good job to both of you. I'm impressed!
I did this race a few years ago and it is awesome,Ii agree. I found mud for days afterwards on my body.
I even duct taped my shoes on before the race so my shoes wouldn't come off when crossing the mucky lake.
My family & I , kids included (big ones that is) are all going to do this together next summer. I can't wait.
Good for Jon catching the race bug. it is addicting!!!!!
Fun for the kids to see you all dirty too, mine loved it!
Congrats Sarah!!!!!!
Way to go! I'm glad you guys took a disposable camera, great idea.
Wow, you are seriously hard core. That is amazing. Stacy did it a couple of years ago and I remember thinking, wow, this is for serious athletes. As for me, I'm with Cortney. Maybe we can be your cheer section.
Post a Comment