Don't get me wrong, the majority of our summer has been spent at home doing the waterslide and just hanging out. It's hard having all three kids home all day long and I'd be lying if I didn't admit that I am excited for school to start in two weeks! That being said, we have been able to do some fun things around here this summer some of which include:
Camping...
We invited a bunch of our friends to go on an over night campout with us up Ortega Canyon a few weeks ago. The families included the Tennisons, the Deans, the Russells and the Browns. We had such a fun time!
Thanks, Josie, for bringing the glow sticks- they were a huge hit with the kids!
Max was obsessed with Roxie and kept walking up to her and giving her hugs! She was a good sport about it, the only problem is that Nathan and Roxie have already decided to get married and now Max is trying to come inbetween them. Don't worry Max, they'll be someone else for you!
We roasted hot dogs for dinner and then made S'mores and dutch oven peach cobbler for dessert. Jon made the cobbler and it was so good!
I forgot to bring a can opener so Jon improvised by cutting the cans open with his knife! After dessert we put the kids to bed and then all sat around the campfire until almost 1:00 in the morning talking. It was so nice to just be outside under the stars relaxing with friends.
The next morning we ate breakfast and then the kids had fun just running around and playing.
Can't you just see this picture in their wedding video?!!!
This was the best attempt I got at getting the kids (many of which are missing in this picture) to all look and smile! We definitely need to go camping more often- it is one of Jake's favorite things. He asks everyday when we can go again!
Angel Game...
Jon and I took Nathan to an Angels game after we got home from camping. Jake refuses to go after our fiasco last year with taking him and the fireworks freaking him out, so we left him and Max home with a babysitter and just took Nathan. It's fun to spend time with the kids one on one every now and then. I think Nathan had a lot of fun as well!
Toby Keith Concert...
For Mother's Day this year Jon got me tickets to a Toby Keith concert. He is one of my favorite country singers and he did not disappoint. Trace Adkins opened for him and he was really good as well.
I didn't bring my camera lens with the good zoom, so this was the best picture I could get of the Tobster!
Fiddler on the Roof...
Every year for my parents' birthdays Jon and I buy them tickets to go see a show with us. I was so excited when I heard that Fiddler on the Roof was playing at the Performing Arts Center since this is one of my dad's all time favorite movies. This year Carli and Justin and Rob and Bethany tagged along which made it all the more fun!
We ate at Gulliver's before the play and it was really good. The whole restaurant is set up like an upside down ship/English tavern. It was a fun atmosphere and delicious food.
We then headed over to the play.
Topol has been doing this play for around 40 years and he was so good- he definitely stole the show!
Boomers...
We took the kids down to Boomers for Family Home Evening and rode a bunch of rides and went to the batting cages. After the first pitch, Jake wanted nothing to do with it, but Nathan and Jon had fun hitting balls for a while.
We rode the fast race cars with the kids and then they each wanted to ride on the kid track by themselves. I was a little worried about how they would do pushing the pedal down and steering without help, but after a rocky start they both got the hang of it! Jake was the first car and as soon as the worker helped him with his seatbelt he was off, dragging the orange cone with him. The worker was yelling at him to stop, but I think he was in shock and just kept driving. After that they both did pretty well the rest of the time until the end. The worker stood in the track with his flag telling them to stop, but they didn't get how to stop so they just kept going causing the worker to have to jump out of the way to avoid being hit! When we finally got them to stop the worker was less than amused. Jon and I felt bad, but we were laughing so hard I'm sure he didn't think our apology was very sincere!

The kids also spent a week at Jon's parents house in Utah (stay tuned- that one deserves it's own blog post!), they have gone to a little Summer Camp at their cousin's house and we've been to the beach a few times. Next up is one last waterski trip and then we will be ready for school!

The kids also spent a week at Jon's parents house in Utah (stay tuned- that one deserves it's own blog post!), they have gone to a little Summer Camp at their cousin's house and we've been to the beach a few times. Next up is one last waterski trip and then we will be ready for school!



8 comments:
Wow! Lots of fun stories! But, my favorite had to be Nathan and Jake racing off with the cones! I was laughing just picturing it and I can only imagine you and Jon! Good Times!
Wow, you've been having so much fun! I wish we could see Fiddler. I love that story and especially love the music from the play. And the concert looked so fun too. How are little kids supposed to figure out when to stop and start on a go-cart track? The worker should have been more understanding. I bet the boys had so much fun driving around the track!
Your pics make me miss Cali so much. I'm glad you guys are living it up in our absence.
This all looks very exciting. props on all the cute pics for the wedding video. Can't wait to put it together in 15 years!!
Omg, I love, love, love your family photo at the top of the blog! Who is Christie Hobson? Can she take pics of us??!! ;)
Looks like the Drapers have been having way too much fun. Wish we lived closer so we could join in! We hope to see you sometime in Sept or Oct for an all boys playdate!
You guys have had a busy (and fun) summer! The pictures Christie did of your family are amazing. I knew they would turn out great...your family is SO photogenic. I love the location, and of course your coordinated outfits. Too cute!
Wow! So much fun. It looks like you've had an amazing summer. Have fun getting ready for school to start. :) You're almost there!
And I have to add, your new family photos are beautiful. :)
OH my gosh the pictures turned out so well. I love them. Everything came together very nicely. Its fun seeing pictures of all of your fun summer stuff. Very cute stories about your kids, my kids still talk about how hilarious they are. School starts here on Monday, I am ready, this week has made me ready! Your day will come :)
Post a Comment