Monday, August 17, 2009

Wishing they lived closer

After we left the cabin we drove across the state to Boise to visit our friends, the Paynes. We were really good friends all through dental school and continue to be close, despite the hundreds of miles between us! It's fun that even though we haven't seen them for a year, we just pick up like nothing has changed. The first night we went out to dinner and then we all (minus the kids) stayed up until 6:00 in the morning talking- it was so fun- just like old times. Needless to say we were really tired the next day, but it was well worth it!

Friday Andrea and I spent the afternoon doing what we do best- shopping!

We left the kids home with the guys and they had fun playing games outside and just hanging out. Bailey and Ellie are such good kids. They were so nice to Jake and Nate the whole time we were there.
After shopping we took all of the kids swimming. Jake and Nathan are starting to swim without life jackets this summer (thanks to Aunt Bethany) which makes me so stressed the whole time we are swimming. I am constantly scanning making sure I know where they are and that their heads are above water!

Nathan and Ellie got along really well!

Logan and Max chilled in the wagon until we were ready to go. They are about a month apart, yet Max is twice his size!

When we got back from swimming the kids ate popsicles outside and just played until we could get them to go to bed.

Andrea and Ryan made the best dinner for us that night. Jon seriously still talks about how good everything was! We then stayed up playing games (but only until midnight since we had to drive home the next day)! Saturday Andrea and I went running and then we packed up and got ready to leave. On our way out of town we ate at Five Guys which is sort of like Inn 'n Out. Their fries and fry sauce were so good. After lunch they took us to Ryan's new dental office which is so nice. Andrea has done a great job decorating it! Finally the time came to say goodbye and head home. We love the Paynes and look forward to the times that we get to hang out. Thanks for being such great friends and for making our stay so fun!

On our way home we stopped by Jon's Grandpa Ernie's house to visit. We love visiting with him and wish that we could have stayed longer. The kids loved running around his big backyard and getting some of their energy out before we put them back in the car for the next leg of our trip. We hope that we get to see him again soon!

8 comments:

Heidi said...

We love that you guys are so close to Ryan and Andrea! Always good to have great friends. Sounds fun and, as always, the pics are so cute! Heidi and Annie

Nat Lud said...

So pretty much I'm so jealous we missed out on the fun! :) Glad you guys all got to hang out. Nothing beats a little dental buddy reunion!

Bethany said...

Glad to hear the boys are still swimming by themselves. I want to know what Andrea made for dinner that was so good. You know me, I love trying new recipes!

Robyn said...

What a fun time with old friends! I bet it was fun to see them and hang out like the dental school days. They have a fun house!

Elizabeth said...

That is an awesome picture of grandpa! I'm sure he loved having you visit.

Heather said...

Glad you guys had a fun trip to see friends! Looks like the boys had a lot of fun with their friends too. I'd be nervously scanning the pool as well ;). Great pics.

Becky said...

i thought you werer referring to zac and i with a title like that. whatever. glad you had a fun time anyhow.

Andrea said...

We LOVED having you guys here. It really was a summer highlight. I am totally apologizing for copying your post, you did such a great job suming up the weekend I figured why not? Thanks again for coming!!