Jon and I headed up to Provo last weekend for the first BYU home football game and for a little weekend getaway. We flew in Friday morning early and headed to Park City where we ate at a little cafe that had the best crepes! After lunch we rode the Alpine Slide, the Alpine Coaster and the Ziprider. They were all so fun, but the Coaster was by far our favorite. Jon screamed like a little girl the entire way down!!!
We were both a little nervous about the zip line, but it turned out to not be scary at all. There's no big drop or anything, you just coast down. Jon didn't quite make it all the way to the bottom, so he had to pump his legs until he made it to the platform. It was pretty funny to watch!
Jon's strapped and ready to go! I flew past him on the way down so he was able to get some pictures of me.
The view up there was so beautiful. My favorite part was just riding the chair lift up and enjoying the scenery and the peacefulness of being up in the mountains. It was so relaxing.
After Park City we drove to Provo and ran a few errands. We always laugh at this shopping plaza where almost every store is something Mormon related! We don't have any of these stores close to our home so it was nice to get some of the things we need.
That night we took Jon's sister, Kathryn, out to dinner for her birthday (and just to hang out!). My sister, Becky, recommended the Bombay House and is was SO GOOD. We will definitely be going back there next time we are in town. It was fun to catch up with Kathryn and see her for a little bit. After dinner Jon and I went on a walk by the Provo River and then saw a movie at Movies 8 (aka The Dollar Theater). We got milk shakes at the Malt Shoppe after the movie which definitely brought back old times. That's where Jon and I went on one of our first dates!
Saturday morning we woke up and hiked the "Y" on the mountain. We totally forgot how steep the climb is! We had to stop a few times, but we finally made it to the top.
The view from up there is amazing!
This Apache helicopter flew right over us while we were up on the mountain. I think this might have been Jon's favorite part of the whole trip!
After hiking the Y we went to the Cannon Center to eat, which is where I used to eat my Freshman year when I lived in the dorms. They've redone the entire thing and it is so nice now. Kathryn's husband, Marc, met us for lunch and it was fun chatting with him while we ate. The Ranch dressing and mint brownies are still just as delicious as they were 13 years ago, just in case you're wondering!
That afternoon we walked around BYU and stocked up on BYU gear at the bookstore. We then ate at J-Dawgs which serves the best hot dogs/polish dogs you'll ever eat!
We then headed over to the big game. Aw, the game. The team came out enthused and looked like they were ready to play. However, this was short lived when Flordia State scored in the first few minutes and then continued to score almost every time they got the ball the rest of the game. It was so frustrating to watch.
We are trying our best to smile despite the fact that BYU was down at half time. It then went from bad to worse the second half and BYU ended up getting crushed 54-28. It was still a lot of fun to be there with all of the fans (until they all started leaving during the 3rd quarter)! We stuck it out until the end since we had no where else to go.
To make ourselves feel better we went to Iceberg after the game and ate fries and fry sauce and milkshakes!
The worst part about the loss was that I was so excited about my BYU toes and then I just wanted some nail polish remover to get it off! Just kidding- we still believe in you, Cougars! BYU has lost every game Jon and I have been to for the past five years. So on behalf of both of us we would like to apologize to all Cougar fans out there for going to the game. The next game we are going to is the Utah State game and so help me if they lose that game- then we will know for sure that we are bad luck and promise we will stop going to any more games!
It really was such a fun weekend to sort of relive our Provo days. Lots of fun memories were made while we lived there and now we have even more to add to them!
12 comments:
I'm so glad you guys had a fun weekend - minus the score at the football game. Billy and I always talk about how fun it would be to go up to Provo again sometime and visit our old haunts! :)
Well, except for the game, that DOES sound like the perfect weekend from good food to romantic hikes to late night milkshakes and fries! Sorry about the loss, but your toes looked so cute!
So fun! Your toes are adorable! You guys definitely did a lot of stuff in the short time you were here! Hope to see ya next time--we won't be at the USU game but all the ones after!
How fun, what a perfect trip! That was a terrible game thouhg. We had a party at our house and everything and it was just sad... LAst time I went to Park City they didn't have the Alpine Coaster but my sister just went on it and said it was awesome. I was a little disappointed with the zip line, not as exciting as I thought it would be. Glad you made it to Iceberg, can't get much better than that!
What a fun weekend! Loved your toes! I am a bit jealous! Even though it's my alma mater - if BYU loses to USU I would be embarrassed. :) But, we are getting better! Go Aggies! Can't wait to see you next weekend!
Love the toes!
I'm so jealous! I love BYU! Last time I hiked the Y it was at midnight. I'm sure it would take me a lot longer to get up this time! Rob took me to JDogs last time we were there. I loved it! Glad you guys had a blast! Cute toes!
I too LOVE the toe nails! Looks like a super fun weekend even if the game was a major disappointment. :( Oh well, the next game has got to be better, right???
how fun! juz and i have talked about how we want to do this.
bombay house is one of our favs. the malai kofta is the best.
the pictures of your boys all ready for school are priceless. i CANNOT believe how big they are getting.
also love the football party. you are always so creative and thoughful that way.
love the toes.
last thing...LOVE your hair curled. super hot.
OK can you please never say again that it was 13 years since we were in the Cannon Center? Suddenly I feel like I'm Bea Arthur!
Secondly, how on earth do you get Jon to pose with you for so many pics? Adam lets me take 1 picture wherever we are and after that I have to resort to bribery.
Your football party is just about the most fun idea I can think of. I need to do that at my house. I need to be crative like that!
That all looked like a lot of fun. I have been missing from the blogging world and just saw your family picture. You "all" always look so cute. I was diagnosed with Gestational Diabetes last week and with extremely low iron, so it kind of explains my lack of energy, even to get on the computer sometimes! The girls are back in school and I feel like I have time to catch up!
Sarah! You are so pretty...I am loving the Y on your toes too. Way to be an active alumni. I need to be better at that.
I went to the dentist today. No cavities. I'll attribute it to your husband's dental skills. My real point was to say that the dental office felt smelled like pumpkin and had fabulous Fall decor up. It hardly felt like a dental office. You had something to do with it right?! Loved it...
Post a Comment