Jake's first day of school was last Tuesday. He is repeating the same collaborative Kindergarten class that he was in last year and we all couldn't be happier about it. His teachers are awesome and he made so much progress last year that we can't wait to see how he does this year.
He has had a great first week of school. He's been wearing underwear everyday and hasn't had any accidents yet. This is a huge accomplishment for him! I hope he has a great year!
Nathan's first day of preschool was today. He is in a new preschool this year that is 3 days a week. He seems to really like his new teachers and his new friends. I can't believe that he is going to be in Kindergarten next year- where does the time go?
Nathan loves to learn and loves going to school. I'm hoping he always has this love of learning!
Nathan has two teachers this year- Ms. Karin and her mom, Mrs. Smith. They both seem really nice!
The boys both had their first soccer games on Saturday. They have the exact same uniforms, though they are on different teams! The only problem with that is that when we went to Nathan's game Jake kept wanting to play on his team!
Jake had a bad experience with soccer last year so I was a little worried about how he was going to like it this year. Thankfully he did great! He scored two goals (one for each team!) and played hard the whole game. I was so proud of him!
Notice the tongue sticking out- he's a Michael Jordan wannabe!
Nathan had his first game ever. He did pretty well, though I think Jon needs to work with him and teach him how to play and what the rules are. Nathan would kick the ball once (usually in the wrong direction) and then just stop. He needs to learn to keep going and try to score a goal! He had fun which is what really matters, but he did make the comment that the other team scored all of the goals and his team didn't score any!
Look at that form on his throw-in!
Max cheered on his brothers from the sidelines!
This weekend was also the first time we met my friend, Heather's newest addition to their family. They adopted a little boy from Ethiopia in July and he is the cutest little kid ever!
Shea and Max played so well together. They are only a few months apart and hopefully will be good friends as they grow up (even though we don't get to see them often enough)! I'm sure they'll be making more trips down here just so that Max and Shea can play together!
Checking out Max's teeth!
Look at Shea's eyes- I love them!
This weekend was also the first time we have taken the boys to a horse show. Jake LOVES horses and always asks to go see them jump. Friday night they had a free show and so Jon took Jake and Nathan on a little daddy-son date and they had so much fun! Jake loved cheering for the horses and he even got to pet one of them. He keeps asking when he can go again!
I was so impressed that Jon actually asked someone to take their picture. He hates doing that and so I always have to ask. Way to go, Jon!
I wish this next picture was a first, but unfortunately the boys spill things all of the time. This is what Jon and I came down to as we were leaving to go out Saturday night. Apparently Jake decided that he needed to pour cereal for all of us! Thanks, dude!
This next "first" is a stretch, but Saturday night was the first time Jon and I have seen 'Legally Blonde' the musical! I loved it- I thought it was such a fun show. Jon liked it, but wouldn't go as far to say that he loved it! He was a good sport for going with me!
It's been a crazy week and I'm looking forward to things slowing down a little and for us to settle into more of a routine. I absolutely love the Fall and can't wait for the weather to cool down and for the yummy Fall treats and cute decorations!
Oh, and GO COUGARS!!!
10 comments:
Whoo hoo! What a fun week! Your boys are so handsome! I'm so proud of Jake for scoring those goals! He seems to be really liking soccer this year! And Nathan will come around. He looked like a pro in that picture of him running with the ball. That little boy Shea is beautiful! How fun to meet him! Glad you had fun at the play. You looked so good...as usual!
I sure do use a lot of exclamation points!!
You look so cute Sarah! Who's house are you at in the Legally Blonde pics? I love how you think of details - Max in blue to support his brothers teams - cute! and way to go Jake! a whole week dry - that's exciting!!
Aw, I love the pics of Shea and Max! Will you send a couple to me? My pictures were not so good ;). So fun seeing you and the boys last week. Hope Jon felt better over the weekend. You look gorgeous in your pictures Sarah! Hope to see you again soon.
Seriously girl do you ever stop! And you always look so perfect! Love all the activities you've been doing. You guys coming to the BYU game this weekend?
So much fun! I love that Jake scored for the other team too! Fall is one of our favorite times of year too...we don't love that super cold winter follows, however. The boys look so handsome all ready for school. We're glad they are enjoying school and soccer and life. Go Jake on for getting cereal ready for everyone! We are looking forward to coming out in a couple of weeks!
where does nathan go to school?
YAY for jake on being dry! i'm so happy for him (and you!!)
what kind of curling iron do you use to get your hair like that? you look so cute!
That sonds pretty busy. Remember when we had one kid and thought we were soooo busy.hahaha
Your family is adorable.
The boys look so handsome on their first days, congrats to Jake on the underwear, he is doing awesome. I love soccer season, I think it is fun to watch the kids and it makes me crazy all at the same time, it takes them awhile to catch on I think. I hope they both have a good season. Heather's son is adorable. I didn't know Legally Blonde was a musical, it sounds so fun. You look so cute, glad you had a fun night.
p.s. my phone is still dead did you find out anything?
What a great week of firsts for everybody! I'm so happy everyone is doing well. Shea's eyes are gorgeous, and I love how the babies have wet shirts - either from drool or spilt water. Matthew looks like that almost all the time right now too. :)
Post a Comment