Monday, November 16, 2009

Primary Program

Sunday was our ward's Primary Program which is always my favorite Sacrament Meeting of the year! This was Nathan's first program and Jake's third and they both did a great job. Nathan has had his part memorized for weeks and was excited to actually get to say it. His class said their part all together and of course all of the little Sunbeams got as close to the microphone as possible and said it as loud as possible!


Jake wasn't quite as excited about the program. His class had a part that they said together and then Jake had a little part that just he got to say. As the class was saying their part Jake started backing up away from the microphone knowing that his part was next. When the time came his teacher got him to step up and he actually said his part! Unfortunately the microphone wasn't working so no one could really hear it, but fortunately we were sitting right up close so we could!


For the closing song we all sang the new family song (not sure what it's called). It talks about how the family is of God and I was overcome with the spirit and a feeling of love for my family. I am so grateful for my kids and for moments like these that make me really step back and realize that all of the hard times are worth it!


Jake also had to give a talk in Primary right after the program. I was a little worried about this since I couldn't even get him to go to Primary. Instead he was walking around outside saying that he wanted to go home. I finally convinced him to go inside and when we walked into the room he went straight up to the front and sat in the 'talk' chair. When it was time I went up and helped him with his talk and to my surprise he said the whole thing and he actually talked loudly! I almost broke down crying while I was helping him since I was so proud of him, but I held it together and we got through. I need to not worry so much about things like this, but you just never know what he's going to do. I was so glad that he decided to perform on Sunday!

And yes, my Christmas tree is up (though not finished- I still need to add ribbon, a topper and a tree skirt) and I am working on getting the rest of the decorations in the house up this week. Can you tell that I'm a little excited for Christmas?!!!

8 comments:

Melanie said...

Oh, I'm so glad to hear it went well on Sunday! :) That's wonderful. I love that new family song too. I think the music is pretty and the message is so important and special.

I had to chuckle when I realized that was a Christmas tree. :) You are obviously not in La La Land. Glad to hear it. :) Have fun finishing up your decorations for Christmas.

Johanna said...

I love reading about events like this that make you be grateful for your family!
Yours is beautiful :)

josieposie said...

Jake rocks! Love the Christmas tree. Glad I could help speed up the process. Are those Ikea decorations? ... they look a lot like the ones I have.

Meggan said...

Jake did SO good. I'm glad we were both up front to hear our kids since the microphone was down. They really should make sure it works next time!

Wendy said...

Way to go Jake and Nate! Primary Programs are always stressful I've learned. I had to be the leader next to the microphone helping the children this year. Can you say STRESS! Anyways, it went well! I'm happy yours did too!

You and Becky are a little scary with the Christmas thing!!! CRAZY!

Sunny said...

Jake really did do a great job. The microphone not working was a bummer. But I did hear everything during his talk in primary. He's a good kid Sarah! And Nathan is always such a fun loving kid too. Love those boys!

Andrea said...

Good job Jake and Nate. I love Primary Program Sunday, the kids really do bring their own spirits. The tree looks good, did you put it in your front room? I am ready to get some Christmas decor up too.

Nate said...

Jake did such a great job on his part in the program. My favorite was his proud grin after he said it. I had resist the urge to reach over and squeeze the kid. :)