My goal was to get Thanksgiving posted before Christmas. I'm cutting it a little close, but here you go...
Turkey Trot
I have always wanted to run the Turkey Trot, but have always been either out of town or pregnant! This year it finally worked out so I woke up early Thanksgiving morning and ran the 10k race around Dana Point. It was a beautiful race to run as you could see the ocean the whole time. I usually run half marathons and marathons at a 10 minute mile pace so I was determined to run this 10k (6.2 miles) faster than that. My goal was a 9 minute mile, but I ended up running 8:20s (according to my Garmin) so I was really excited!

Robyn and I have been running together for the past few years- she's a great running partner! Our next race is the Irvine half marathon in a few weeks- wish us luck!

It was fun to run a race with my sister, Holly and my brother-in-law, Brodie. Okay, so I didn't really run it with them since they run just above the 7 minute mile pace, but it was fun to start with them!

Pretty sure Jon and I will never look like this no matter how hard we try!
Thanksgiving Dinner
Later that afternoon we headed over to my parent's house for dinner. Everyone was there except for Wendy and her family, even my Grandma Mary came down! We missed you Wendy!
The boy table

The girl table

And the babies
(With 5 boys born in the past 2 years we are now even- 10 girls and 10 boys!)

I found these hats in the dollar section at Target so I bought some for all of the cousins. They all looked pretty cute in them!

Wait, except for these three who refused to smile. Is it really that painful, boys???

Laney keeps telling Christy that she wants to marry Nathan and Christy keeps trying to explain to her that you can't marry your cousin!

I hadn't seen my grandma for a long time so it was really fun that she was there with us!

Our traditional Thanksgiving dinner table pic!
Delta, Utah
Friday morning we packed our things and headed up to Utah to see Jon's family for a few days. It's always fun to see them, but I'd have to say that the highlight of the trip for the kids was definitely jumping in the leaves!

Jon's mom had been saving leaves all season long and I think she had 25 bags ready to go by the time we got there! What a nice grandma!

First they had to rake the leaves into a big pile...

Then they had to throw them around for a little bit...

And then the serious jumping began...

I think Jon enjoyed it more than the boys!

Grandma Lorelei bought these horses for the boys as an early Christmas present. The boys spent most of their time inside galloping around their house making horse noises or just plain screaming, in Nathan's case!

After church family picture- I must admit that the boys actually all look really cute. Way to go, boys!

BYU vs. Utah Game
(I have to add that Jon was very adamant that I write the title this way. He really doesn't like Utah!)
The highlight of the trip for Jon was going to the game in Provo on Saturday. We left the kids in Delta and got there just in time for kick-off. It was such a great game- we were really glad that we were there, especially since Jon didn't go to the Oklahoma game and has been regretting it ever since! I could have done without the 30 degree weather, but once I bought a BYU beanie and gloves at halftime I was good to go!
BYU ended winning in overtime. Here is the sequence of events captured on film:
The final play...

The fans storming the field after we scored...

More fans storming the field...

And even more fans...

The final score...

What a great game!
3 comments:
Such cute Thanksgiving pics! So festive. And you were at that game?! It was so fun wasn't it!
Whoa, great post! I got a little emotional reading about our racing experiences and seeing our picture together, but the tears really started streaming when I read that we're doing a half marathon in 3 weeks. Seriously. What are you doing to me?
Utah looks so fun with all those leaves and nice fall weather and that BYU game would've been so fun to be at!! That picture of the field with the crowds is crazy. How did people not get trampled?
Awww, Sarah, your family is so cute. I love that Nathan knows how amazing he is (from your last post.) He's definitely that!
How fun you got to go to that game...it was crazy huh? You look darling in your beanie. Oh, and I love the picture of your boys wrestling in their church clothes. It's the best...
Post a Comment