Thursday, April 15, 2010

Easter 2010

Since Easter was on General Conference this year, we dressed in our coordinating outfits the Sunday before. I was holding out to do the pink thing until we had a girl, but I finally decided that that may never happen, so why not just go with it now? I think the boys look pretty handsome in pink!

Max freaked out if we took the mangoes away, so I finally gave up and let him eat them. One of these days we'll get ready early enough to take pictures before church instead of taking them after when the kids are tired and hungry.

We died our Easter eggs the Saturday before Easter. I boiled 18 eggs, but that wasn't nearly enough. Next year I need to remember to do a lot more- the boys loved it!

Jake was showing Max how it's done!

Jake didn't care to use the spoon to get his eggs out, he just dug right in with his hands!

The finished product...

The Easter Bunny came and brought the boys lots of candy and hid eggs all throughout the house.

The kids had fun running around finding all of the eggs. Nathan pointed out that the Easter Bunny didn't do a very good job hiding them since they were so easy to find- oops!

Nathan put these two eggs in his shirt and exclaimed that he has a chest! Silly kid!

Way too much candy for one morning!

We got ready and headed over to my parent's house to watch General Conference and eat LOTS of food. We had an Easter egg hunt with all of the cousins inbetween sessions which resulted in more candy- just what the kids needed!

Cortney and Samantha are the two oldest cousins. Aren't they beautiful (even with Samantha's funny glasses)?!! I can't believe how old they are getting.

Nathan was pretty excited about the $5 that Grandma put in one of his eggs. Each of the kids got a money egg, although Max managed to make it home without one- come on, dude!

I love Easter and am sad that I just finished off the last bag of Cadbury Mini Eggs (though my thighs are celebrating)! I hope that everyone else had a Happy Easter!!!

11 comments:

Nat Lud said...

I think everyone looks GREAT in pink! I pretty much love that you are still so girly in a houseful of boys--I know women who end up tomboyish looking instead. :) You guys are such fun holiday people.

Marie said...

Loving the pink! And those Cadbury mini eggs are my faves too--I hide them so I don't have to share :)

Whitney said...

Sarah - those suits and ties are DARLING!!! Looks so great! And, I'm with ya on the Mini Eggs. Bittersweet day when they're gone!

Caren and Dustin Robison said...

I love that you coordinate your outfits every Sunday. That's amazing. Looks like you had a fun Easter!

Annie and Heidi said...

Those suits are so stinkin cute! I think boys look pretty cute in pink (usually!) and yours do!!! What a fun holiday!

Annie and Heidi said...

Hi,
I was particularly impressed with the matching very light colored suits. Where do you find suits like those in small boy sizes? When we next come to California, we need to go suit shopping. Jonathan, do you remember when we looked at an off white suit in Las Vegas at the Wynn at midnight. Where else can you buy a suit at that hour. Makes one miss Las Vegas. Thanks for always having a great blog. Dad and Mom (Ron and Lorelei))

Lorelei said...

Great suits cute boys

Jules said...

I boiled 4 dozen eggs!!! Each of the older 4 got a full dozen and the babies just watched. We had lots of boiled eggs in many recipes! And deviled eggs galore!

Love the outfits, you are so beautiful Sarah! Boys look good in pink!

Kristen said...

Couldn't wait to see the matching outfits! So cute! You look great!

Robyn said...

Did I not leave a comment yet? Love the Easter outfits this year. Very classy. The boys looked darling and you looked so pretty...as usual! Love your hair like that. I love the picture of Max standing on the chair in his suit. See? He likes to stand on chairs!! :)))

Andrea said...

Loving those Easter outfits. You all look amazing. I love your hair, I need to know how to do that. Glad the boys had a fun Easter with a lot of great egg hunts. Happy Belated Easter.