Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Happy Birthday, Max!

Max turned two on April 2nd and I must admit that he is one of the cutest two year olds I have ever seen! Max is such a happy, loveable little boy. He loves playing outside, playing with his brothers, playing with balls and playing with anything that he's not supposed to! He is talking a lot which is so nice since I can finally figure out what he wants. He continues to be a good sleeper taking a 3 hour nap every afternoon and still going to bed by 8:00. He is such a big boy which I think is why he looks so funny when he runs, though he is getting pretty fast. He's gotta keep up with his brothers! He loves candy and takes after his mom in that he will always choose chocolate over anything else!

Two things that I love about Max are:

1. His dimples! He continues to have the cutest dimples and shows them often since he's such a smiley kid!

2. He says, "I wuv you, Mommy" when I lay him down every night and he gets so excited to see me whenever I come home. He is my shopping buddy while his brothers are at school and is pretty well behaved. I love the time we have together with just the two of us!

Max's birthday started out with the traditional balloons thrown on him when he woke up. I was worried that this would scare him, but he loved it!

We then went downstairs and showed him his birthday decorations and the posters that Jake and Nathan made for him. Max was just excited to play with all of his balloons!

We then dropped the boys off at school and came home to get ready for the day. Max got to take his own bubble bath without his brothers bugging him. He stayed in there for almost a half hour he was having so much fun! Nothing like a good birthday bath!

We then met up with some friends at the local bounce place where Max got to run around jumping and sliding and loving every minute of it!

Once Jon got home we headed over to a restaurant called Farrell's for lunch. They had this candy shop in the front which kept the boys entertained while we waited. Max stole some candy and was smart to eat it fast before anyone could see. He almost got away with it if it weren't for the yellow droll running down his chin!

The nice thing about the restaurant was that it was so loud in there that no one cared that our kids were being loud or climbing on the seats. The food was marginal, but the kids loved the atmostphere.

After lunch we drove down to Dana Point and played at this cool park that overlooks the ocean.

Jon took the boys for a little walk so that they could see the ocean better.

Such a beautiful view!

We met some friends at Jon's office so that Jon could fix her tooth. Nathan has been talking about going to Daddy's office so that he can fix his teeth for a while. So when Jon was done he let Nathan put on some gloves and be the dentist! Nathan loved it and he did a pretty good job!

Max decided that he wanted in on the action! Can you tell that Jon is gagging in this picture?

He's proud of his work!

Once we got home we opened gifts. Max is obsessed with wearing hats so he got a couple new ones for his birthday. He wore them for about a minute and then put his old, dirty BYU hat back on. Jon has never been prouder!

Jake and Nathan worked hard making signs and cards for Max. They get pretty excited about birthdays around here!

One of Max's big gifts was a new lawn mower so that he can 'lawn the mow' with Jon!

His other big gift was this cool bubble machine from Costco. I bought a cheap one last year that broke after a few weeks so I went for Costco quality this time!

It was a hit with all three boys!

We ended the day singing Hapy Birthday and eating banana chocolate chip cupcakes.

Max's favortie color is blue (I think it's the only one he knows) so I went with that.
Gotta love blue frosting faces!

He's looking pretty tired after a long day.

We love you, Max, and are so glad that you are part of our family!
Happy 2nd Birthday!!!

7 comments:

Heather said...

Happy Birthday Max!!!!! Can't believe you're already two! Shea will sing a belated Happy Birthday song to you next time we have a playdate ;).

He's so cute Sarah. Love to see how his little personality is developing - the hats are hilarious. You're such a fun Mommy!

Caitlin said...

What a cutie! Happy birthday!!!

Nat Lud said...

I can't believe he's 2! It seems not too long ago that you and Andrea were both here with newborns. He is a doll! Looks like he had a great day. You're the best at birthdays!

Robyn said...

Oh my, he is the cutest little boy! He is always smiling and is such a good natured little boy. And I agree, his dimples are his best feature!! What a fun day for him! Glad he had such a fun filled birthday!

Melanie said...

Sarah, our babies are getting too big! :)

What a fun, action-packed day! Wow. You have a ceaseless amount of energy. I am so impressed. I'm sure Max slept SO WELL that night.

Happy birthday buddy!

Tamara said...

So cute! What a big boy, too!

Andrea said...

I can't believe these babies are turning two. What a cutie. Logan has that same shirt. I love that that Jake and Nate were so excited too, I love birthdays. I want that bubble blower it looks awesome. Happy Birthday Max!