Tuesday, July 27, 2010

End of the School Year Activities

The end of the school year is always filled with lots of fun activities that keep us busy. Here's what the boys were up to...

Open House

When we walked up to Jake's open house at his school this kid came running up and was really excited to see Jake. I of course had to take a picture of the two of them since it's always fun to see when kids want to be friends with him- something that I wish happened more often. They were pretty cute together!

Pointing out his artwork...

Posing with his teacher, Mrs. Kruse...

He has been with her for two years now and we really love her and all she has done for Jake. When I picked Jake up on the last day of school I totally started crying when I hugged his teachers and said goodbye. I was little embarassed as I hadn't planned on crying and I seemed to be one of the only emotional ones, but oh well. At least his teachers knew that I really appreciated them!

Field Trip

Jacob's class took a field trip to this nature center where they learned all about different animals and plants. The highlight for Jake was definitely riding the big bus! He talked about it for months before and was really excited when the day finally came!

Spring Sing

Jacob did such a great job at his end of the year concert where all of the kindergarteners sang the songs they had been learning all year. Jake knew all of the actions and was actually singing along. I was so proud of him!

Kindergarten Field Day

The day before the last day of school the kindergarteners have a field day where they get to play different games and activities all day. Jake's favorite was squirting all of the bubbles with the water bottle. Unfortunately he kept squirting his classmates, but luckily they didn't get too mad!

This snake was off of his arm in a matter of seconds as soon as we got in the car!

Jake did so well this year and is ready to move onto 1st grade next year. I'm happy to announce that after 4 IEP meetings and lots of negotiating and me not giving up no matter what the district said, Jake is now going to go to our home school at Arroyo Vista and be fully included in the 1st grade there. He will have the help of an aide and the resource teacher so I'm hopeful that he will be successful. Nathan will be starting kindergarten next year so it will be really nice to have them at the same school. I'm really excited!!!

Pretend City Field Trip

Nathan's preschool had a ton going on the last few months of school. They took a field trip to Pretend City. Max was pretty excited that he got to tag along as well!

Zoomar's Farm Field Trip

Nathan's class also took a field trip to the Zoomar's Farm down in San Juan Capistrano. He had fun hanging out with his school friends and feeding and petting all of the animals.

He DID NOT like feeding the llamas, however...

Would you??? This is seriously the freakiest animal I've ever seen!

Country Fair

Nathan's preschool did a cute little country fair where they had an animal drawing contest...

played tug-of-war (Nathan gets really into this game)...

square danced (I love the look on his face!)...

and they each got to sing a solo! Nathan chose to sing "Old McDonald Had a Farm!"

Each kid could submit something to display so Nathan and I made mini muffin cookies and Nathan wrote all of his numbers from 1-100 and decorated the paper. Not very creative, but I wanted it to be something that he was excited about!

Circus

We had heard about this circus all year long and how cute it was and let me say that it did not disappoint!

Nathan got to be the elephant where he walked around and did various tricks.

The highlight, however, was when he came out as the Strong Man (complete with cast and all)!

He lifted that heavy weight all the way over his head!

Preschool Graduation

Nathan's class had a cute little ceremony to celebrate their graduation from preschool. Unfortunately, I deleted all but one of the pictures off of my camera before I realized that I hadn't downloaded them yet. I was so bummed, but luckily my friend e-mailed me this picture that she got of Nathan and Mrs. Smith.

We loved Ms. Karin and Mrs. Smith and are going to miss them next year. Nathan got to do so many fun things in their class this year. I can't believe he is going to be in kindergarten! Time goes by way too fast.

3 comments:

Annie and Heidi said...

So fun! The boys are always doing such fun and creative activities! They are all growing up so fast! It was so much fun to see you on the beach. Thanks for coming and spending the afternoon with us.

We are scared of the llama's too! We laughed so hard at that face you captured!

Thanks for all the posts! We enjoy reading and seeing about all of the adventures!

Tamara said...

Thanks for catching us up. I love the update. They boys are getting so big!

Robyn said...

Oh my gosh, Nathan lifting the weight is hilarious, especially in his cast! Wow, they sure do a lot of fun things in the 4 year old class. I wish we could've done another year there. I'm so proud of Jake and all he accomplished this year. He is going to do great next year and that will be so fun...and easy..to have him go with Nathan to A.V. right by your house!!