The boys and I tried hard to make Father's Day really fun for Jon this year. We started off giving him all of the cards and gifts that Jake and Nathan made at school for him and he loved them all!
We then made our way downstairs and showed him all of the signs that the boys made for him.
Jon decided that instead of eating breakfast in bed he wanted to eat altogether outside. The gallon of chocolate milk was gone in that one sitting. The boys definitely take after their dad in their love for chocolate milk!
We then moved it inside and let Jon open his presents. His big gift was this foot and calf massager that he's been wanting for a while. I finally caved and bought it and he was pretty excited. He keeps it at work and uses it inbetween seeing his patients!
The kids played with the boxes until they were all totally destroyed. I think this was the highlight of their day!
Nathan was pretty serious about it!
After church we went to Holly's house for dinner and more presents. My dad thought it would be hilarious to get all of the guys these Lakers Championship shirts since all of the brother-in-laws (including Jon) are big Jazz fans and hate the Lakers! What a handsome group of guys- even in Laker yellow!
We gave my dad this fish lamp that one of Jon's patients made and gave to Jon! He took it up to the cabin and it fits in perfectly up there!
The next day was my 32nd birthday! Jon and I went out the Friday night prior to celebrate. We headed up to LA and ate at this delicious restaurant called Cafe Pinot and then went and saw the play South Pacific. The play was a little slow, but we still enjoyed it (I only fell asleep for part of it!) and the whole evening was just really fun. I love spending time with Jon.
On my actual birthday I woke up to balloons and cards in bed. The boys made this poster a week before my birthday and hid it so I couldn't see it. They were really excited to finally be able to give it to me!
Everyone gets homemade cards from Nathan on their birthday and we love them! I'm just not sure how old I'm turning...
The rest of the day was pretty typical (unfortunately the schedule doesn't stop for my birthday!). My mom brought by flowers and a piece of Linda's Fudge Cake from the Cheesecake Factory which is my absolute favorite! Jon couldn't find a number 2 candle so he put a 3 and a 1 because 3-1=2, of course!
I pooled everyone's money and bought myself a new professional Kitchen Aid. I figure that with all of the baking I do it was time that I get a better one with a bigger bowl. Very exciting, I know!
Carli did her traditional spotlight when were at Holly's house. She works really hard on them and it is always a highlight for everyone on their birthday.
I also had the chance to go out with my closest friends to the Cheesecake Factory and then went out with all of the adults in my family to Wood Ranch. Both were really fun evenings, but unfortunately I forgot to take pictures. I also never sent thank you notes to all of my friends (I seem to be behind on everything right now), but I want them to know how much I loved all of the nice and thoughtful gifts! I am one lucky girl!
4 comments:
Party central! Um....can I come over and use your massage thingy? Thanks in advance!
What a fun birthday/Father's Day! It was so fun to see you this weekend! Thanks for coming by the beach!
FUN!!! love the pics. i hear you about the chocolate milk. my boys are the same way.
and love your bangs by the way!
Whoa, I love your new kitchen aid. You deserve it for all the baking you do. That's awesome. So glad you had a great birthday. You look great and have such a great life and you are still so young!! I love that massager thing. I wish I could use it right now. Obviously I love the Laker shirts and I'm proud of Jon for wearing his.
Post a Comment