Tuesday, October 19, 2010

The Cabin, Part 2

Better 3 months late than never, right???

Wednesday at the cabin was spent getting ready for the Family Reunion kick off barbecue that was at our cabin that night. We had to cook, clean, bake and get everything set up. Around 6:00 all of our aunts, uncles and cousins started rolling in and it was so much fun to see everyone. I hadn't seen a lot of my cousins in a long time so it was fun to catch up.

Here is a picture of all of the first cousins that were there...


















Nathan and his cousins have so much fun hanging out. I think they were making chocolate milk for everyone in this picture!
























Thursday we had breakfast at the Seamon's cabin and then spent the morning making crafts and playing games. The boys don't really know their second cousins so it was fun for them to get to know them better!



Thursday afternoon we took turns going golfing. It was actually Jake's birthday (more on that later) and so I took him with me. He was so good and loved hitting the ball around! Once we were done Jon met us there and he took Nathan with him and his group. Max is still too little to take out, but he really wanted to go!









Friday morning we had breakfast at the Warnick's cabin and then all went floating down the river together. This is only the Carl Warnick side of the family. There were 4 other major families there as well that we saw on Thursday night and Saturday morning. I'm proud to be a part of such a great legacy!









Friday night all of the first cousins went out to dinner. When we got home it was pouring rain so we let the kids all go out and play in it. Who doesn't like playing in the rain?!!






Funny story... when we got to the cabin we noticed this bird's nest nestled into the top of the front porch. All week long we were all very interested in watching the mother bird find food for her babies and watching them grow bigger everyday. On Wednesday one of the baby birds fell out of the nest and onto the dirt next to the porch. We were all standing around trying to figure out how to get the bird back into the nest when out of no where Max came running through the circle and kicked the bird. Everyone was mortified (especially the kids) as we watched the little bird flail for a little bit and then eventually stop moving. We waited a while to see if it would come around, but finally Jon had to 'relocate' it to the forest. The poor little bird never even saw Max coming. For the rest of the week Max walked around saying, "I kick bird. I kill bird." It was actually pretty funny!

On the way home we saw this rainbow going all the way across the sky. The kids were pretty excited about it!
And my favorite part of going on vacation... all of the laundry I get to do when we get home!

7 comments:

Heidi said...

seriously so happy about this post! point one, so funny about Max and the bird! point two, I am sorry to say but I think Jake is probably a better golfer than Annie and I. that's sad. Anyway, good to hear the updates! Can't wait to see you at Thanksgiving!

Johanna said...

Hey, it's good to have you back :) Man, that pile of laundry would make me cry! So glad you all had a great time in the cabin.

Annie and Heidi said...

YEAH! For another blog! I love to hear about all of your fun adventures! I submit that Jake DEFINITELY is a better golfer than us!

Genevieve said...

Glad part two finally got posted! That story of Max was making me laugh so hard. You have such a cute family. I am really excited to see you come Thanksgiving.

Jules said...

And now let's see some recent updates... especially your most recent news and excitement in your family--- come on! Waiting for it!

Robyn said...

Good job! You updated!! Keep updating! Looks like a fun trip! You and your sisters are all so beautiful. That laundry pile makes me tired. I am so tired of doing laundry! Funny about Max and the bird. That's nice that he actually felt bad for the little bird!

Tamara said...

You are so cute! When are you going to post the pictures of yourself looking huge and pregnant? :)