Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Happy 7th Birthday, Jake!

So my goal is to get all caught up on my blog before this baby gets here. That gives me 7 weeks to catch up on the last 6 months! We'll see how it goes...

I think I left off with Jacob's 7th birthday which was on July 15th! We celebrated at the cabin this year. A few days before his actual birthday we had a little party for all of the July birthdays. We had cake and ice cream...

Carli did her traditional spotlights...

And everyone opened presents. Jon was pretty excited about this shirt that Rob and Bethany got for Jake! Much better than the Lakers jersey they gave him a few years ago.

My dad got a new boating hat!

On Jake's actual birthday he woke up to balloons in bed.

All of the cousins made signs for Jake and my dad and decorated the cabin. It was so nice!

Jake was really excited to see all of the decorations!

The two birthday boys...

Jake loves horses and he loves stickers so this book was perfect for him.

Once we got home from the cabin we gave Jake his big gift- the Razor Rip Rider 360. Our neighbor has one and Jake always wants to ride it so he was really excited to get his own that he doesn't have to share with anyone!


He also got this little water slide thing that I'm pretty sure popped soon afterwards, but it was fun while it lasted!

7 things I love about Jake:
1. He has the best smile and gets so excited about things. He loves positive reinforcement and will pretty much make us give him five, thumbs up and hugs whenever he does something good!
2. He loves animals, stickers, climbing on the monkey bars, swimming and playing with his dad and brothers.
3. He tries really hard. He is doing well in school and is doing grade level work!
4. He gets so excited whenever Jon or I come home and repeats over and over again, "Mom, it's you! You came back! Give me a big hug!"
5. He loves babies. He is so sweet with Becky's babies and always wants to look at and talk to any baby he sees. (Let's hope this love continues when his little sister gets here!)
6. He has a big heart. If I am ever crying he is always concerned and tries to make me feel better. If someone gets hurt he wants to make sure they're okay.
7. He is my first born and has a special place in my heart. He has a lot of challenges and does the best he can with them. I am so proud to be his mom and have the blessing of raising him.
We all love our Jakey Jake and are glad that he had a great 7th birthday!!!

4 comments:

Heidi said...

YAY! I am so excited for this post and especially for the next 6 months coming to us in 7 weeks! I do love that little guy and think you are the best mom to him! Thanks for the update! :)

Annie and Heidi said...

I love Jakey too! He is so full of life and excitement and makes you feel so happy to be around him. I second Heidi's comment -- you are the BEST mom for him! You and Jon are such wonderful parents! I too am looking forward to all these updates!

Molly said...

I have missed you! I almost emaield you the other day to see if you were doing ok! Looks like Jake had a great birthday! We are going to be in So. CA this summer and Island Park - we will have to connect in one of those places!

Annie and Heidi said...

Jake's smile is certainly at the top of my list of things I love. I sure do love all those cute boys of yours. Lorelei