Max turned three years old on April 2nd and he had a pretty fun birthday celebration!
He was really excited for his balloons to be thrown on him so he just layed in bed all morning until we came in! Even though the boys know it's coming, they always love to start their birthday off with balloons and a Happy Birthday song!
We then headed downstairs so he could see all of his birthday decorations and the signs that his brothers made for him.
One of the priveleges of being the birthday boy is being able to lick the bowl of cake batter from your birthday cake!
It just so happens that we needed a new water slide and since Max has the first birthday of the year he was the lucky one to get it, though I'm sure he'll be sharing it with his brothers!
We set it up that afternoon so they could play on it even though it was a little cold outside. They didn't seem to mind too much!
Maggie hung out inside where it was nice and warm.
That night we barbecued hot dogs and then Max got to open his presents!
Max requested a baseball cake so I did the best I could with what I had!
After the festivities Max wanted to play with his new presents...
and then he took some last minute birthday phone calls and it was time for bed!
A few days later it was time for his birthday party! We had ab0ut 16 kids come over and play on the water slide and have pizza and cupcakes. It's hard to get a bunch of 3 year olds to look and smile!
I love it when the kids are old enough to get excited about their birthday and this year was definitely the year for Max! He had so much fun and loves being 3. I, on the other hand, am missing my sweet little 2 year old and getting used to my mishevious, strong willed 3 year old! Despite the new attitude, here are three things that I love about Max:
1. I love that Max loves sports and that he loves BYU! Jon takes Max to the driving range on his days off and he loves it. He's been doing a little sports camp and can't decide what his favorite sport is. I really think that he is going to be good at whatever he decides to do! Jon loves that Max will sit and watch BYU play any sport and that he always cheers for them (unlike Nathan who always picks whoever BYU is playing against)!
2. Max is adorable. I love his cute smile and dimples and the way his whole face lights up when he smiles. I secretly still think it's cute that he sucks his thumb, though don't tell his dentist dad who thinks he's ruining his teeth!
3. I love that Max loves to play with his brothers. One of his favorite things right now is to wrestle with Nathan and he can actually take him down! It drives me crazy as I don't understand why it's fun to tackle each other, but I've been told it's a boy thing and Max is definitely all boy!
We love you so much, Max and are so glad that you are part of our family!
Happy Birthday!!!
3 comments:
What a fun birthday! I love how he is proud to be three. I especially love the picture of him blowing out his candles on his baseball cake. Such a handsome and happy boy!
Annie
Sarah, your birthday celebrations are always so much fun. Makes me want to create a routine in my family as well. You guys come up with the best ideas, cakes, and gifts! Happy birthday sweet Max!
Happy birthday, Max! He is a handsome fella! P.S. Where did you get water slide?~ I need it!
Post a Comment