After almost a year of trying to convince Jon that we need to replace the ugly orange-tinted tile floor covering the majority of the downstairs, he finally agreed to do it. We selected Pergo wood flooring and found a pretty good deal. Besides the high cost of hardwood floors, we also decided against it since we have 2 very rough little boys that would destroy it in no time at all. Pergo is very scratch and dent resistant so it was a good choice for us at this stage in our lives. Here is a picture of the before and after. I absolutely love it! Every time I come downstairs I get excited when I see it! Now you may ask what it was that made Jon finally agree to do it? The answer: I told him that the tile is really slippery when wet and that the boys keep slipping and hitting their heads hard when they fall (This part is true. Whether or not the Pergo is going to make any difference, we shall see!). Jon's a sucker for anything that will help the boys not get hurt so my devious little plan worked!
Sorry, not the best before shot.
Aloha! (Spring Break)
8 years ago
12 comments:
You already know how I feel about your house. I love it. It's gorgeous. People, you need to go there in person and see it! You are the best decorator. I love the new flooring too. It looks beautiful. Now take pictures of your front yard and show the beautiful topiary trees. I love it all!!
Wow, that is so pretty. It looks just like real wood! We have real wood and it is definitely not kid friendly! Did you guys put it in yourself or have someone do it?
Your house looks so cute. I want to come see it all!!
You guys are so nice! We had someone install the flooring. Jon's not so much of a handyman!
Meggan, I can't believe that I've lived here for almost a year and neither of us have seen each other's houses! We definitely need to get together sometime. I'm thinking about inviting a group of people over some afternoon to let the kids play on our waterslide that we bought from Costco. What days and times are best for you?
The floors look so great. We had pergo in our condo and loved it. We have "real" wood in the kitchen now and it's a nightmare. It's constantly getting dings and dents.
Count us in for the waterslide! (Like how I invite myself?) Stacy was just telling us about it yesterday. I guess he was at your house and saw it? I was having a hard time picturing what he was talking about, but since you just said Costco, now I know. I saw it there and wondered how in the world I could get that in my tiny backyard. No such luck!!
Tonya, you're so invited! When's a good day and time for you?
I didn't think the tile looked bad until seeing the pictures of the wood! WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!! I love the color you picked, I can't wait until we come down again.
Hooray for pergo! We have it too and it is great. I love your kitchen with the white cabinets. So cute! I like the Apples sign too. You have many talents, girlfriend.
Sounds like a great time Sarah! The girls would LOVE the water slide. It will probably be easier to do it for us when school gets out. We have quite a bit going on for the next two weeks.
So ridiculous that we haven't hung out and you've been here a year! Can we please go to Albertsons and put on black lipstick and take random pictures when we get some spare time??
Oh I am so posting pictures of those days on here- hilarious! Do you remember what aisle of the grocery store we took most of our pictures in?!!!
Yes and what were we thinking??!!?!?
Beautiful job. If you can convince Jon, maybe I can convince Brian. He says we have to wait 5 yrs. We're getting a puppy in two weeks, so we'll see how long the carpet and tile lasts ;).
We have real wood floors too. We haven't had much trouble with only one little girl, but probably in the future.
Your house looks amazing! Post more pictures please Sarah! And offer us some decorating tips at the same time.
Post a Comment