We spent 4 days there and had a great time. The boys loved just playing in the dirt and hanging out. The best part was giving them a bath each night and watching the brown water flow down the drain since they were so DIRTY! I guess that's what cabins are for!
The boys loved riding the 4-wheelers and kept asking to "Ride" the whole time we were there!
Nathan had fun on the swing set that my dad built.
It started raining pretty hard as we were walking back from the waterfall. We let the boys run around and splash in the rain puddles. They were soaked from head to toe and loved every minute of it!
We rafted down the Henry's Fork of the Snake River on Friday afternoon. The boys got a little antsy on the raft, but when we let them get in the water it was a little too cold for them and they just wanted to get back in!
Later that night we went to a ranch and went on a trail ride. Jake loves horses and was excited to be so up close and be able to actually ride one!
I rode with Nathan and for anyone that knows about my near death experience riding a horse 7 years ago, you know what a feat this was for me. I was nervous the whole time, but stuck it out for Nathan and it ended up being not as bad as I thought it would be.
After the trail ride the ranch puts on a little rodeo and then a really good BBQ and dutch oven dinner. They then have a cowboy singer sing country songs as everyone dances. The boys had a great time and it was the perfect end to our cabin vacation!
13 comments:
Whoa, cute picture! It is so beautiful up there. Did Jake take that picture or was your family up there with you? Looking forward to more pictures to come..
sarah, i think you know i will never forget that wretched horse, lillie. she almost took your life right before my very eyes. i am so proud of you for overcoming your fear. i don't think i would have been able to conquer such a feat. i am so sad we missed all my favorite things about the cabin, golf, waterfalls, and the best rodeo ever. A+ for getting this blog posted in such a timely manner. you're amazing.
That looks like so much fun! You always take the best, most posed pics.
How do your boys do on that long drive up there? My kids barely made it to Sacramento and that's only 6 hours away.
I think I might have to go up to the cabin with your family sometime. There are SO many fun things to do and it is SO beautiful! I'm assuming there is running water in the cabin since you gave the boys a bath. I'm not much of a "real" camper.
That looks like so much fun! I love how much you guys packed in. Your pictures are SOOO cute, it sounds like the boys had so much fun.
Meggan- our form of roughing it is 3 bathrooms with hot water and showers, a complete kitchen, Satellite TV (my dad can't live without the golf channel!) and the newest addition on this trip is DSL internet with a wireless router! You could definitely survive there!
We are heading to Yosemite this weekend which will be the more roughing it vacation- we're staying in tents and using the community bathroom- no showers for us! It should be lots of fun!
It sounds like the cabin was a lot of fun. Way to take one for Nate by getting on the horse!! Glad you made it back safe. Have a great time in Yosemite.
Whoa, I made my comment before you posted all the other pictures! What a fun trip! I didn't know your family was going to be there. I bet the boys loved riding the horses. What a fun family trip! It's so beautiful up there. I love your cowgirl hat! Leave it to you to look stylish in the mountains. Also, what happened with you and the horse Lillie?
I was on the same little trail ride 7 years ago during our family reunion up there. I was given a big fat white horse named Lilly. You would think that she would be nice, given her name and all. Unfortunately, this was not the case. Shortly into the ride she kept on trying to eat so I would tug on the reins to get her to stop. One of the times she yanked her head down hard and the reins fell out of my hands and onto her face. She wasn't too happy about this so she stepped out of the line and took off full speed ahead toward a fence. I was screaming for help and just trying to hold on and praying that when she stopped at the fence suddenly that I didn't continue to fly over it and die. Thankfully, the ranch guide (who apparently said a bad word when he saw what happened) took off after us and when he got to me he somehow reached over and grabbed the reins and got Lilly to stop just as we were getting closer to the fence. Ever since then I have been terrified of horses and haven't gotten on one until last week.
So that's the Lilly story- bet you're sorry you asked!!!
Hey, looks like such a beautiful place. And what a crazy horse story! I had that happen to me once too and I've never really been too keen on horses since! Way to get 'back in the saddle again.' So cliche I know, but it had to be said! Glad you had a great time!
Wow, Sarah, what great pictures. Looks like you guys are having a great summer! By the way, you are not supposed to look that good on vacation. You look so cute in all of those pictures. Have fun in Yosemite. I heard you were the big event planner this year!!
Great horse story. Brian had a similar experience at Carrie and Larry's rehearsal dinner/nighttime horse ride with 50+ people under the Hollywood sign. His horse, Topaz, almost threw him off a cliff right before my eyes. He was laughing so hard. I was not.
Your vacation sounds like so much fun. Can't wait to see pics from Yosemite! Your blog is so fun to read. The Drapers are always doing something new!
Your blog IS fun to read. You update and you update with fun happenings. I love that you are stylish for all your activities. You look just the part for camping, golf or the rodeo.
The horse story does freak me out though. Glad you're safe.
Seh,
That looks like so much fun. You're going to have to help me out because you look cuter while roughing it than I do on my very best day. You would...
Post a Comment