Thursday, July 5, 2007

Happy 4th!

We started the day with our ward 4th of July breakfast and parade.
The boys loved running around the park and waving their flags in the parade.

Jon was given this hat to wear since he had to help cook the breakfast. The boys thought it was pretty funny! When we got home the boys helped me make sugar cookies.
They then helped me roll them out and cut them into stars.

Their favorite part was definitely frosting and eating them!
What a mess!
We then went to our neighborhood block party where
Jake had fun throwing water balloons.
Nathan had fun doing the water relay.
Jake loved the fire hose that a firefighter on our street
hooked up and soaked everyone with!

We then headed out to my parent's house and went
swimming and had a BBQ.

We ended the day watching fireworks.

4 comments:

Tonya said...

What cute pics! I love the 4th. Your neighborhood party looks so fun. We live in the lamest 'hood ever. We are stuck with a bunch of old people at our end of the street. (I don't have anything against old people, but it would be so fun for my kids to have other kids to play with.) Sigh.

Anyway, it looks like you guys had a great, tiring day. FuN!!

Anonymous said...

Love all the pictures! And the stories, too. The boys are stinkin cute and I need to come see you guys! Alas, no time. I hate it. While I love teaching, this preschool thing is getting out of control! Looks like your 4th was way fun! Oh, and I love your hair on Sunday! I should get tips on how to do it! :)

Robyn said...

Oh Sarah, I am so proud. How did you do it? The pictures are so cute and small, and then they get big! Good job!

What cute pictures too! What a fun neighborhood!!! I bet your boys had so much fun. When are we going swimming at your mom's? Whoo hoo!

You are so brave to let your boys help you make cookies. It looks like they loved every minute of it.

cat said...

i MISS your sugar cookies, and jon's hat looked super-hot!