Today is Jake's 4th birthday. As I sat in Sacrament meeting holding Jake while he slept, I pondered on what I wanted to write about him on my blog. Tears filled my eyes as I thought back on the last four years of his life. From his emergency c-section to numerous hours of therapy and evaluations to hospital stays and 911 calls, this kid has been a challenge from the beginning. The beauty of it all is that I wouldn't change a thing about him. I love him for who he is and feel so blessed that I have the opportunity of being his mom. He is the sweetest kid and has a lovable innocence about him. It's hard to find a kid who gets more excited than he does about the little things in life. He gives the best hugs and loves to have our undivided attention. He is a little dare-devil. Nothing scares him (which scares me a lot!). He is obsessed with water and loves to play in the mud and get dirty. I sing "You Are My Sunshine" to him every night before he goes to bed because he truly is my little sunshine. I love him very much.
Happy Birthday, Jakey Jake!
We had a bunch of our friends over yesterday for Jake's birthday party!
Ethan, Eden and Kaleb
Tonya and Asher
Robyn and Dylan
Meggan, Joses, Dylan and Eden
Cortney, Steven and Roxie
Clay, Sunny and Erin
The kids had fun playing on the water slide.
Jake blowing out his candle
It's a Draper tradition to get balloons thrown on you
the morning of your actual birthday.
Today is also my dad's birthday, so we went to my parent's house
the morning of your actual birthday.
and had a family party there. Jake had fun opening all of his presents!
He loved this Diego book.
Reading with Dad and Nathan
Cake Time!
My mom got Jake a basketball hoop that should be here next week. He loves playing on their hoop, though it is a little too tall for him!
12 comments:
Sarah, what a great post! I, too, get very emotional on my kid's birthdays. There is such an enormous bond between mother and child, it's palpable. When you have had a lot of trials, it seems to bond you even stronger.
You and Jon are such amazing parents. Jake is so lucky to have such patient, advocating parents. And, you are so blessed to have Jake. He is such a sweet little boy. He's going to rock the basketball hoop! What a great gift!
Anyway, thanks for inviting us, we all had a great time. Happy Birthday, Jake!!!
Hey Sarah- I found your blog on Catherine's and I just had to comment on how cute your blog is! You look really good and your boys are adorable!!!
Happy Birthday, Jake! I totally understand the special bond. Brea is like that for me. It definitely is a day to day struggle sometimes, but the blessings and the love just make it all worth it. You are great parents for him and you have really helped him progress. We are sad that we missed out on the festivities this year. We miss you guys! Have a great week!
Happy Birthday Jake!
Your first baby is growing up so fast! Jake is a lucky kid to have such loving, thoughtful, creative, patient parents. I can't believe all of the great ideas you have for family parties and traditions.
We wish Jake all the fun and happiness a little boy could have! He deserves it!
Love,
Heather and Brian
Oh, what a sweet post. It brought tears to my eyes. He is such a sweet, innocent little boy. He is always happy and smiling. Happy Birthday Jake!
He is definitely a dare-devil, there is no denying that. I was scared to death watching him catapult himself off the top of that slide!! I have a feeling you haven't seen the last of the emergency room.
Jake is a great kid and I have to say that he was THE ONLY Sunbeam in my class on Sunday that folded his arms during the prayer, sat quietly during the lesson, and stayed by me during our jaunt out to the drinking fountain.
Happy Birthday Jake!
Rebecca- So fun to hear from you! I hope you come back often.
Meggan- I'm sure that was an abnormal occurrence for Jake, but it still makes me so happy to hear! Maybe it was the nap he took during Sacrament Meeting.
jake is such a sweetie. he is lucky to have you as his mom, just as you are lucky to have him as your son. i can't wait to see you guys again. we move into our house on the 3rd and will be ready for visitors!
Sarah, this is my first time looking at your blog. I really like it! Those boys really are so cute (Jonathan included ;) Jake and Nathan look so big!! I can't wait to see them in August, or this week if you have time to stop in Provo. They are so happy! I loved to hear the stories from Mom and Annie. They are so impressed you with them and with you. I love you!! Have a fun trip this week. Kathryn
it is so sweet to see how much you love your son. he is growing up so fast. he is so cute. i love all the pictures. i was sad i had to miss all the family birthday celebrations. looks like you guys had a lot of fun. love ya!!
How cute is he Sarah? Please, let's get together next time Becky is in town!
Sarah, I frequently peruse your blog and it is so fun to see all of the activities you are doing. I really enjoyed staying with you and I am glad that you were able to stay in Cedar City on your way to Idaho. You have a very fun family. I am glad that both Jake and Nathan have you and Jon for parents! I am grateful to be their aunt (their favorite aunt! :) )--they remind me how wonderful life is! It's true--they are the happiest little boys!
Post a Comment