Tuesday, July 3, 2007

So Surrey!

Jon came home for lunch today and announced that he thought it would be fun to go down to Newport Beach and rent a Surrey and ride the boys down the boardwalk. So that is just what we did! Jon got home around 5:00 and we were on our way. After taking about an hour to get there (the PCH that time of night is out of control) we arrived just in time to rent our surrey and have about an hour to ride it. The boys loved it! They would ring the little bell on the front when someone was in our way and they had fun adjusting and readjusting their helmets. We rode from one pier to the next and got hand-dipped corn dogs (I opted for the cheese dog) and french fries. We then rode back and let the boys play on the beach for a while. We ended our litle outing by getting frozen bananas and ice cream sandwiches and eating them on the way home. Nathan made quite the mess in his carseat, but loved every minute of it! Overall it was a really fun, relaxing evening and I thank Jon for coming up with such a great idea!!!

As a side note, my boys really do have other cute outfits besides these. I didn't realize that we would be doing something fun and taking pictures today or I wouldn't have put them in these same outfits!




7 comments:

Meggan said...

Cool! Thanks for the GREAT idea on what to do when we are asking each other over and over what to do. I can't ever think of fun stuff like that! How much did it cost?

Sarah said...

It cost $26 to rent the surrey for an hour. Dinner and dessert cost another $20 so about $46 for the whole evening.

Robyn said...

Sarah, What a fun night!!! I wonder if Trent would stay in the surrey or try to climb out. Oh wait, I just noticed a seatbelt. What a fun idea! Good thinking Jon! It is so fun down there and those frozen bananas are the best.

Tonya said...

That looks so awesome!! I'm impressed, Jon! I would love for my husband to come up with such a fun idea. On his own. Looks like the boys had a great time. I love how the banana is even all over Nathan's glasses. Awesome!

cat said...

how fun is that! i love the messy pic. it is priceless.

Heather said...

Way to go Jon! To husbands everywhere, take notes! I love the pictures.

We hope the Drapers had a nice holiday today!

Nat Lud said...

What a fun thing! I so wished I lived there instead of here! you can bet you won't find any surreys here! And the boys look adorable as usual!