Monday, August 13, 2007

I'm a big boy now!


Nathan turned 2 in May. He could have easily moved out of his crib and into a big bed then, but he was content in his crib so why mess with a good thing! Last week the moment finally arrived when he noticed the twin bed next to his crib and said, "Big bed!" I asked if he wanted to sleep in the big bed and he said, "Great!" So I put the railing up and layed him down. He was so excited- it was really cute. I left and about 30 seconds later I heard him get up, come to the door and yell, "Mommy, where are you? Where'd you go, Mommy?" So I went back in, layed him down again and left. Again, he got up, came to the door and called out for me. This happened at least 8 more times before he finally gave in and fell asleep. The next day he did this about 6 times before falling asleep for his nap. That night he had a babysitter and she said he only got up twice. Ever since then, he has layed right down and gone to sleep. One thing I am very grateful for with my kids is that they have always been really good to just lay down and go right to sleep on their own. I was worried that moving Nate into a bed would ruin this, but alas, it only took a little practice and now he's back on track. What a big boy he is!!!

11 comments:

Becky said...

that is such a cute picture of nathan. they probably get the whole falling asleep fast thing from you. it seems like you could always fall asleep fast, especially mid-sesntence during one of our heart to heart conversations late at night while lying in bed. i would be talking and then suddenly hear a loud snore and wonder how long you had been asleep for. good memories.

The Staffieri Family said...

What a cute picture. I love it when they are sound asleep! Looks like he had a good transition. I am thinking about getting Nicolas in a bed one of these days. He was 2 in Feb. But he is so content in his crib that I don't want to ruin a good thing either.

Meggan said...

Can I send my kids over to your house for a sleep boot camp? They have all been so awful! Bree is 7 and now finally has a normal person's sleep pattern. Eden is getting there, but she can still be tricky. And Dylan, well, he's just another story in itself.

What a good boy Nathan is!

Heather said...

Congrats to Nathan! What a cute picture. I'm sure your boys inherited your narcoleptic tendencies. Just put them in front of a movie if they're restless and they'll be out cold! Olive should watch and learn. She wakes up every two hours to do her business outside. I have to stand outside in the cold while she finds the perfect spot.

Tonya said...

He is such a good boy! You are so brave. We are having MAJOR sleep issues around here, so I haven't moved Kaleb into the bed yet. I have everything, the bedding, the bed, etc, just lacking the guts to do it. Maybe before he starts kindergarten.

Robyn said...

I am so proud of Nathan! He is such a good-natured little boy, no wonder he's such a good sleeper. I'm sure he thought it was so cool to be in a big boy bed. I'm still waiting for the day when Trent starts climbing out. He knows how to, he just doesn't! He'd rather sit and play and then start yelling for us.

I am SO jealous that you got to go to Tim and Faith. Next time they tour, we've decided we'll spend the money and go!!

Nat Lud said...

Wow, you are so lucky to have such great sleepers. Brooklynn is still a work in progress and the other two are following right behind her! Nathan looks so cute in his big boy bed! We are thinking of moving Brea when we get into the new house but we'll see!

Andrea said...

Nate looks so cute in his big boy bed, they are always sweet and innocent when they are sleeping. It was good to chat, talk to you again soon.

April said...

Elise never tried to get out of her bed until like 2 weeks ago and she has been in it since December. Go figure. She was 3 in June. Now we are going through putting her back constantly. Nothing is as great as a sleeping child. Great pic.

cat said...

cuteness! what a good boy.

also how fun that you guys went on a real date to a concert! how inspiring. i guess our dates to costco, target, then a late-night movie pale in comparision!:)

Anonymous said...

Ok. He is the cutestet little boy ever Sarah. I love when you write about things he said (like the "I ok" in Yosemite). He looks like such a Warnick in this photo.