Saturday, August 25, 2007

Our Saturday

Today I actually got dressed and ready and went to lunch with my friend, Heather. She's in town for the weekend and took me to The Cheesecake Factory. Even though I was feeling pretty sick, I was actually able to eat most of my meal and could stand the smell in the restaurant. It wasn't until after lunch that I ended up laying on the couch for the remainder of the day feeling so sick. Gotta love being pregnant! It was really fun to see Heather and get to spend some time with her. She has always been and continues to be a great friend!
The boys have kind of lost interest in the big blow up slide recently, so we decided to blow up our little pool for them to play in. They thought it was so fun to slide down the little slide into the pool! We could have saved a lot of money on the other slide had we known this all along!!!
We watched my parent's dog, Boo, this weekend while they went waterskiing. The boys loved having her here and playing with her all weekend. Jon and I have always said that we would never get a pet, but this weekend he said that it might be fun to have a dog! Come on, Jon, hold strong! We can always visit Boo and we don't have to take care of her. That's the best kind of dog!


9 comments:

Becky said...

i love heather. sometimes i miss the times when you two were so mean to me. j.k. you guys weren't really that mean for how annoying i was. i miss her laugh. i am sorry cheesecake made you so sick. what if you never can eat there again after this experience today? how sad!!

Tonya said...

Oh, I'm glad you were feeling up to a lunch out with a friend. Pregnancy is not my favorite state of being. Are you on the zofran yet? Have you tried the unisom/b6 combo yet? I swear by the unisom/b6/zofran cocktail. It was the only thing that could keep me from puking all day long.

Thank goodness the boys are into the little slide and pool. Isn't it funny how it's the simple, cheap things that keep them entertained the longest? I'm going to remember this when we talk to Santa this year.

Don't get a dog. Not right now anyway... Pregnancy and dog poop DO NOT mix.

Anonymous said...

I love Heather too - I remember when Becky and I would tag along with you guys. What did you get at CF? Love that restaurant. Becky, do you get free food each time you work?

Ugh - pregnancy sickness. Not the most fun, but at least you get something great at the end of it right?? Are you going to find out what you are having?

Oh, for video (please do it! I want to see your boys in action) just go to www.youtube.com and upload your video and there is an html code that it gives you once you are finished uploading - copy and paste that and put that into the html (not compose) part of your new post. Email me if you have any questions!

Robyn said...

Missy, thanks for the tip! I've been wondering how to upload videos to my blog!

Whoa, I'm sorry about your morning sickness. It looks like you had fun with your friend though, so that's cool! Did she grow up here?

Can I have your skinny waistline please?

Meggan said...

Oh, man. So sorry you're feeling sick. It's WAY different than the flu and nobody can understand that gross, constant, pukey feeling unless you've been there yourself. Hang in there.

Fun that you got to hang with Heather. I think she's great.

Please don't get a dog. That's just one more thing to clean up! Go to your parents and visit until the boys are at least 10 and can help you.

Heather said...

Sarah! It was so fun to see you. I wish we could have spent more time together. I feel terrible that you were so sick! Have you tried Tonya's suggestions? I worry about you...

It was great to see Jon, Jake, and Nathan. Nathan is a true crack up -"Hi Mommy!" He was talking up a storm. Your boys are so cute and I'm so glad you have Jon to take care of you.

You know I'm a dog lover, but I think you have your hands full at this point. Three kids under five AND a dog? I agree with Meggan. Go visit Boo at your parents' house!

cat said...

so sick and you still look hot! yeah for you for still blogging! i was thinking that you might be on a 10 month hiatus. love ya

Andrea said...

You have to hold strong on the dog!! If you guys give in what leg am I going to have to stand on. Kids do love them though, you can't deny that. I am glad you felt well enough to go out for a bit, it sounds like you had a good time.

Tamara said...

I agree about holding strong for the dog. They're all cute and fluffy and then Poof! They've hurled all over your house one day when they had the flu and you weren't watching. Hold strong, Seh. I can repeat this pep talk any time you need it to reinforce your decision.