About four months ago I bought tickets for Jon and I to go see Tim and Faith in their Soul to Soul tour. I marked it on my calendar and have been looking forward to it ever since. Let me tell you, they did not disappoint! Friday night was the night so we left at 5:00 and had dinner at The Crab Cooker. This is our favorite seafood restaurant. The food is delicious and it's just a fun place to eat. We then made our way to the Honda Center for the concert. It started at 8:00 with an opening act by Half Way to Hazard- never heard of them, but they were pretty good. Tim and Faith then both came out and sang a couple songs together and then Faith took the next hour and a half or so. They then sang a few more songs together and then Tim came out and took at least an hour or so. They both came out again and sang together at which time we decided to go since it was now midnight and we had a babysitter at home! Jon was a good sport, although I couldn't get him to stand up and dance with me. There were two girls on the other side of me dancing so I just acted like I was with them!!! Overall, it was a really fun night and I can't wait to go to more concerts!
PS- Thanks to everyone for your nice comments on my last post. I teared up reading all of them- you are all way too nice. The weekend was definitely better so I'm hoping that this week continues to go well!
9 comments:
So many things to say!
First, it was SO good to see you on Saturday. It felt like 1997 all over again. I can't wait for Becky to come down so we can get together again.
Two, I wish I could've heard more about Faith and Tim on Saturday. It looks amazing Sarah. Were you in the front row or at least close to it? Very cool.
Three, you guys look super cute in front of the poster.
I'm glad you had such a fun time too and that things have gotten better too. I just read the post below. I could just sense how much you loved your two boys when we talked on Saturday. You beamed. Can't wait to meet them.
concert it up dawg. i love that you go to concerts. zac is always looking for tickets we can afford. i am afraid it will be a while before we attend a real live concert. all good things are worth waiting for, i guess.
remember the country bash we went to last year? that was hilarious. i will never forget dad's face the whole time. he acted as though he just walked through the doors of hell. kind of entertaining though, you have to admit that at least.
I am so jealous! I wanted to go to that concert so bad!!! I heard it was just amazing. What a fun night. Sorry to hear about your bad day. You are such a trooper! You have such a great mom to learn from. I am sure you are able to relate to alot of what she has gone through over the years. Hang in there. The good thing about the bad days is that there are always good ones to follow!
Tim & Faith are so awesome! That is so cool that you got to go. I love their romantic hot and heavy duets. Sounds like a dream date. I am a big crab fan too. I first ate it when I was pregnant with Brooke and then I craved it the whole pregnancy. Later I found out that shellfish is not good for pregnancy, but Brooke seems okay, although she is a Cancer which is the sign of the crab. And she has been known to walk sideways.
I thought about you this weekend, I knew you were going but I couldn't remember which day. I'm glad you liked it. I think they put on a great show. I am glad you guys had fun. We really need to go to concerts together so Ryan and Jon and sit there and we can dance!!
Looks fun Sarah! For some reason I'm not a big concert fan, but I think it's because I've only been to really loud and obnoxious concerts where I don't really like the music. Maybe I'll give them another shot.
You look cute as usual.
And your bad day? So, so sorry. The times when we feel like everyone else is normal but us are the lonliest ever. I hate them too. They make for some really long, tearful days, huh? When I come out of the fog, though, and realize everyone struggles with something or other, I usually feel a bit better, but that doesn't make my problems seem any easier! I imagine you feel the same way. Hang in there. I know you have tons of friends that you might turn to before me, but just know I got your back!
I have to say I'm pretty jealous! I have never seen them on tour together. I hear it's just great. I'm glad you got to get out and do something fun. It sounds like it was just what you needed. Have a great week!
Tim and Faith? You crack me up. Tim and Faith are a hot couple. I hope they stay married. What a great date night for you and Jon. Are you having the summer of your life or what? Brian and I need to take notes. Hey, if possible, keep a couple hours free the weekend of the 24th. We're coming down there for a few days!
Totally jealous. My parents were there too, kind of funny. They went two years in a row. Glad you had a great time.
Post a Comment