Thursday, October 11, 2007

No pink for me

So we finally went up to the place in Costa Mesa and had an ultrasound only to find out that we are having our third boy. That's right, you read that right, it's another boy. No wedding planning for me, no shopping for prom dresses, no shopping- period, no chasing princesses at Disneyland, no adorable girl clothes, no ribbons or bows, no pink.

So after a really good cry (uncontrollable sob is probably more accurate!) I am now going to be excited about this. Don't I sound excited? What other choice do I have? Jon's already told Jake and Nate that the baby's name is going to be Max, and so all night they've been running around saying, "I love the Max!" and "I want to see the Max!" It was pretty cute.

So that's all I really have to say about that. Don't worry, I love this baby and will be so excited for his arrival come April, I just have to be sad for a night. I'm starting to think that I may never have a daughter. Oh well.

22 comments:

Molly said...

Oh, I'm so sorry Sarah... I know how much you have been dying for a girl. I'm still crossing my fingers that maybe it wasn't right since it's still a little early. Your boys are so cute though and I have some fun boy stuff I make that I can send ya! I would probably be sad too, don't feel bad at all.

Nat Lud said...

I guess Heavenly Father knows how handsome your boys turn out he just wanted to give ya another one! Congrats on finding out it's a boy. I guess this means your not done yet? ;) If ya ever feel the need for some 'girly' time, I have two you can borrow any time!

Tonya said...

Oh, Sarah. Welcome to my world, it is such a wonderful place to be. REALLY, it is, I promise. I hope you feel better after your cry. I'm sure it was therapeutic.

Just think of all of the drama you are going to miss out on. Teenage girls? Hmm, yeah. Girls are so mean these days.

It will be fun. Sorry about the no pink thing, though. I really wanted you to have a girl because you wanted one so badly. Boys rock, though. And you know I am not just saying that.

Anonymous said...

Hi, Sarah and Jon, Congratulations! Having three boys is great! (Afterall, we have three boys, too!) I can imagine how you were feeling, though. I thought James was a girl, so what a shocker for me at the ultrasound. I love Jake and Nate's response. I'm eager to meet "the Max" too! What a cute name. love, Emily

Tamara said...

So, my brother and sister in law had 3 girls and all my brother wanted in his whole life was a boy...who will be born today. I'm sure this boy will be as cute as your other two and if you're up to having another baby, no a soul in the world can object to you spoiling the last and only baby girl in the family. Sorry you're disappointed. I would be too but we'll all be excited for another Draper boy in this world.

Steve and Rebecca said...

Hey Sarah,
3 boys!! Congratulations! Do you know Tim and Kelly (Skeen) Plewe?? They are both orginally from Mission Viejo. Anyway, they just had their 3rd boy recently and did not find out until he was born. I can only imagine what it would be like to have 3 boys...keeps like very exciting that's for sure!

Heather said...

Hey, cheer up! I've been visiting several doctors the past couple months and everyone thinks I'll be lucky to have one kid, let alone three! You could always adopt a cute little girl.

Max is the cutest name! Is that going to stick? I love it. Congratulations!

Melanie said...

OK, I'm jealous! :) I knew you would find out before me though. Congrats on another boy. I'm sorry it was a bit of a disappointment, but I'm glad you're feeling a little better about it. Girls do cause drama!

Max is a cute name, are you really considering it?

Anonymous said...

Oh Sarah! I'm sorry you were disappointed yesterday. I can only imagine. Going through all this sickness and not getting exactly what you want. Cheer up. Your boys are the cutest ever and Max will follow suite.

I bet this baby will be something special for you. He'll probably be your greatest snuggler and so sweet to his mama.

Jules said...

This is one proud mama of 3 going on 4 boys... I did manage to get one girl in there, right smack in the middle, so I am grateful. BUT- boys are so much fun! They really are. And who says you're done? (besides you?!) There could be that perfect little Draper girl who looks just like you waiting until you get all your boys out of the way to come and totally rock those boys' world! I just keep telling myself that if this pregnancy was a girl, I would be done- but maybe that's not what Heavenly Father wanted... now the next one better be! ha ha. Besides, you can trade w/ Christy, she's bound to have girl #6... just trade! If you don't I will!

Andrea said...

Well there is still the chance that Christy will have another girl and you can switch :) You know I love the name Max!! I guess you will have to try again, sorry Jon. I can't wait to meet him!

Becky said...

um, i am sorry. i don't really know what to say. i think you should adopt a little baby girl if you can't have any more. at least you already know you and jon make really cute boys. weddings are cheaper for the groom anyways. you could always raise him to like shopping before he knows any better. guys totally wear pink these days. i bet none of this is helping, so i guess i will just end this comment. i love you!!

cat said...

what do i say? all i know is that this world is in DESPERATE need of good men, so a little warnick/draper man couldn't be more perfect. i called you tonight so chat!:)
oh yeah, and this time there is NO what to do!

Robyn said...

We've already discussed this at great lengths and I don't even want to say anything more because I've been such a bad influence telling you all along that I thought it was a girl, but I felt like I needed to leave a comment and tell you that after being with your boys tonight, I just know they are going to be the best big brothers, and this baby is going to be so loved by his family. And Max is really growing on me so I hope you really name him that. I know so many people who had 3 boys, and then a girl, so don't lose hope.

And remember, the picture WAS a little blurry... Okay, I'm sorry, stop listening to me!

Robyn said...

At great length? No s? I don't know.

Sarah said...

We're thinking seriously about Max(thanks, Andrea, for the suggestion!). My only concern is that if we ever do have a girl we are going to name her Maggie, so I worry that Maggie and Max are too close to each other. Jon thinks it's fine and is already calling the baby Max, so that's probably what it'll be. The real problem is that we have NO middle name. We really can't think of anything. I guess we have 6 more months to decide on something!

Missy said...

You deserve to be sad Sarah...I hope you took advantage of that for that night and now you're thinking of all the cool things you can do with three boys. More than anything your other two boys are ADORABLE and I wonder what the third one will look like? Will he be a mix between Jake and Nathan or look like one more than the other? It's kinda exciting!

I LOVE the name Max. I hope you keep it. Jake, Nathan and Max? Imagine that on a Christmas card, I love it! And if you do have a little girl (3 boys and a girl would be the best combination) Maggie would be so cute with Max, especially if they happened to be close in age. Darling.

Congrats regardless. You are such a great mom and I hear 3rd babies are the easiest so maybe he's getting all his activeness out now:)

Missy said...

I meant that you deserve to be sad for one night, anyone can appreciate that:)

Wendy said...

Oh Sarah...get over it!!! I love your boys. They're the best!!! The third one is going to be awesome, especially since his name will be Max.

Wendy said...

I was totally kidding about my first post. I wanted to post something for shock value. I talked to Sarah before and told her not to take it personally and sympathized with her over the phone. I'm not really THAT mean!!!

The Staffieri Family said...

Maybe you and Christy could make a swap! Just kidding. That is exciting. I bet the boys are just thrilled. I always thought it would be fun to have a house full of boys! Less drama! I love the name Max. I would have used it but it doesn't work with an "S" last name. So cute!

Janae said...

I guess you are just the perfect mom for boys! Heavenly father knows that you will raise them up to be strong Priestood Holders and Missionaries. Plus they will oneday make great Dad's like their Dad. I hope you get your girl oneday, but for now...bring on the sports, dirt, bugs, truck, etc. =)