Friday morning I went into Jake's class and read them "The Gingerbread Man" story and then brought these gingerbread men for them to decorate. They don't usually like parent volunteers so it was so much fun to get to go spend some time in Jake's class. He was pretty excited about it as well!
Friday afernoon Jon's parents got here to spend the weekend with us. The boys warmed up to them immediately and were so excited to see them! We got a babysitter that night and Jon and I took them to go see the Radio City Music Hall Christmas Spectacular. It was such a fun holiday show and really got us into the spirit of Christmas!
Saturday Jon and Grandpa Ron took the boys for a ride in his new convertible Saab. Jon said that the boys absolutely loved it and were laughing the whole time!
Saturday night Jon's parents treated us to Islands and then we took them to see the Boat Parade of Lights at Newport Harbor.
We met up with my parents and Carli and Justin at the boat parade. It wasn't too cold this year and everyone enjoyed just talking and watching all of the decorated boats go by.
Sunday morning we all hung out and then Jon's parents left a little before church. The boys weren't dressed yet, but we still wanted to get some pictures of them with their grandparents before they headed back to Utah!
Overall we had a really fun weekend with Grandpa Ron and Grandma Lorelei and hope that they come back to visit again soon!
9 comments:
What a great weekend! :) And Sarah, I can't believe how not pregnant you look! I'm so jealous! :)
Grandparents are the best. I'm glad you had a good time with the in-laws. We're lucky to have married guys with great parents and families!
I love the boat parade in Newport Harbor! I nominate you for the most holiday spirited mom in the world.
Wow, looks like you had a fun weekend, it's always fun when the grandparents come to town! The boat parade sounds cool. But, really Sarah, you so do not look pregnant. Man, I look like I'm ready to pop compared to you! You look great!
i love the picture of carli in the red jacket. she looks so great. wow!! i am not sure if that is very nice to put on the internet. that is not the most flattering jacket on her. jon's parents are so nice. i am so sad they won't be coming to the new year's party this year. i'll never forget how much ron loved guitar hero.
how fun! you are out of control doing so much, and you do NOT look very pregnant.
remember that "winter's night" by sarah mclachlan that we used to always play in #91? i just learned to play it on the guitar and it reminds me of us all sitting around in our front room and trying to get all emotional!
You guys are doing so much! That is so great. You do look so great. I LOVE Saab convertibles. They are so beautiful. I have wanted one since I was 16. Really.
Nathan kills me - he is so unbelievably cute. Of course Jake is too, but Nathan's glasses are my favorite. I want him and Avery to be best friends someday.
And seriously, are you sure you are pregnant? You do not look it at all!
How did you hear about that Radio festival thing? I've never heard of that before. Next year I want you to print out your agenda for the month of December so that we can do all the same things! I second the vote from Heather--you are the most holiday spirited mom in the world! Especially all your baked goods!
And, um, that is quite the puffy jacket on Carli there. I think that might be even more puffy than my new parka...
Post a Comment