Tuesday, June 24, 2008

This is the place... for vacation!

We had such a fun time during our trip to Utah last week. We left last Tuesday night and drove to Mesquite. We stayed in a hotel that night which the boys thought was so much fun. We didn't arrive until 1:00 in the morning and they stayed up until 2:00 or so running around and jumping on the beds (I'm sure our neighbors loved us!). The next morning they continued to run and jump around while we got ready- crazy kids!

We arrived in Delta Wednesday afternoon and spent the afternoon visiting with Jon's family. Jon and I then went with his sisters to see the new Indiana Jones movie that night. We really liked it (except for the weird ending)!

The next day we took the boys bowling at the local bowling alley. Nathan is doing his bowling pose that Jon taught him in this picture!

Jake's ball would take about 10 minutes to make it down the lane, but when it finally hit the pins he would get SO EXCITED! It was pretty cute to watch.


Jon's sisters were helpful as usual and the boys loved all of the attention!


After bowling we went to lunch and then Jon and I went golfing, something we love to do but rarely get the chance to do together. I played horribly, but Jon played really well so I'll just include a picture of him!


I love this picture of Max smiling up at Jon's dad- so cute!

Friday morning we left Delta and headed to Cedar City for a little reunion with some of our friends from dental school. We stayed at Natalie and Jeremy's house. They just built a custom house on the golf course and it is so beautiful. They were great hosts and made it a very pleasant stay!


Friday night we went to the Tuacahn in St. George and saw the Sound of Music. Other than being a little hot, it was really fun. I had never been there before and can't wait to go back!


This is Nathan with Natalie's daughter, Brea. Nathan put these bunny ears on her and she was such a good sport to wear them!


All of the kids played together so well the whole weekend. It's fun to see them all growing up and interacting more.


They have a home theater system in their basement so while the boys went golfing on Saturday the girls all watched the Office reruns in there. We all love that show and were laughing pretty hard!

Their house is on the 17th hole and so when they got to that hole they picked up all of the older kids and let them golf with them the rest of the way. Nathan had so much fun riding the golf cart and trying to hit golf balls.

Janae, Andrea and I all had babies within the past 5 months so we tried to take a picture of them together! Janae's daughter, Audrey, is 5 months, Max is 2 and a half (even though he is the biggest!) and Andrea's son, Logan is 1 month old.


The guys pretty much talked dentistry the entire trip and never got bored of it. Jon was lucky to make such good friends in dental school and really enjoys getting together with them.

These are some of my closest friends and I'm glad that our friendships have remained strong over the past 2 years even though we all live in different states!

Saturday was my 30th birthday and so Jon made me my favorite chocolate cake and my friends gave me some really nice gifts. (Jon took me to the Brad Paisley concert the week before to celebrate). It was a fun birthday!



Jake stayed in Delta with his grandma and aunts while we went to Cedar City. He absolutely adores Jon's family and had such a great time. I think we might make this a tradition to have the kids spend some one on one time with grandma each year. Today Jake cried for about a half hour saying that he wanted to go to Grandma's house!



While he was there he was swimming and wanted Grandma to get in with him. So without hesitation she took off her socks and shoes and got in with her clothes on! What a fun grandma!!! Jake also helped plant new grass, played with the neighbor's son, Zack, and their dog, Buddy, and just enjoyed getting so much attention from everyone. Thanks to all of Jon's family for making sure Jake had such a great time!

We drove home on Sunday and after sitting in hours of traffic and Nathan throwing up twice, we finally made it home safe and sound! We had such a nice trip, but it's always good to be home.

12 comments:

Nat Lud said...

Nathan threw up? Oh, no! I was hoping no one else got it. And to be stuck in traffic with it, no less. I am so sorry! Glad you guys had fun. We loved seeing you. (I seriously love that first pick of the boys in midair! It's awesome!)

Johanna said...

Wow, you had a busy time there. Thanks for all the details and pictures. I love this post!

Tonya said...

Wow, you guys get around! How much fun. Except for the traffic and puking, that is. We never drive home from Vegas or Utah on Sundays. It is the WORST.

Anyway, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!! Welcome to the 30 club. It feels good, right?

Tuacahn is SO awesome. We saw the Wizard of Oz there a few years ago. It was SO hot. Very fun though.

And, how fun for Jake to have his grandparents to himself!

Bethany said...

After seeing your firends' house, Rob said he's ready to move to Cedar City!!

Robyn said...

Wow, what a fun vacation! I sort of got teary eyed when I saw the picture of Grandma fully dressed with Jake in the pool. What a nice grandma for getting in with him. She is so sweet. I bet he had a lot of fun with her and his aunts too!

I want to watch a movie in your friend's house. That looks like so much fun. Maybe you'll have to teach me to golf one day...?

Nuestra Familia said...

What a fun vacation week, you guys look great. Your boys are growing so fast. That picture of your mom in law and Jake is priceless, how great that your boys have so much during the whole week, ok until the traffic hit!

Andrea said...

Can't believe Nate got sick, that stinks! Seriously it was such a great weekend though, so glad you had fun in Delta too, especially Jake, it looks like Jon's family had just as much fun as he did. It was great to see you all hope to do it again soon.

Kristen said...

What a great post. I love being able to keep in touch through blogging. Your boys are so cute. I bet they keep you busy!

Becky said...

i love all the pictures. that sounds like a really fun trip. friends and family all in one trip. my favorite pic is the one with jake and lorilei, what a great grandma. i don't think i would have been that spontaneous.

Britain said...

Sarah, I found your blog a while ago through Andrea, but then saw a link on Charity's page too. Your family is sooo stinkin' cute. It looks like you are all doing well. It sounds like you had a great trip, too. That is always a must for the summertime.

Well we have a private blog, but if you email me at britain@byu.edu I would be more than happy to send an invite your way.

Heather said...

What a fun vacation with friends and family! Your friends' house is UNreal. Love the pictures. Glad you had a Happy 30th!

Annie and Heidi said...

Sarah,
I am glad you got the pictures alright. Sorry they are so small. I know there is a way to compact them with them still showing up bigger...maybe I'll learn one day! It was so fun to see you guys and be able to chill. Thanks for all the kind things you always say about us. Heidi and I were visiting the other day and we mentioned how nice it is to know your family and that we always feel so welcome when we are in California! I never really understand the in-law thing--since we have such great ones! :)